• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Throttle and kickdown aftermarket cables?

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
Hello,
Question for the group... I've seen a few videos and read articles about switching from the original mechanical transmission kickdown linkage to a cable linkage. There are also kits you can replace your throttle linkage at the same time. I'm considering doing the throttle and transmission cable upgrade. My experience with aftermarket parts is that you always have to tweek and almost reinvent the part to make it functional. I'm looking for a kit (including mounting brackets) that will simply install without all the hassle. Any vendor recommendations?

I'm running a small block 360 (aluminum intake with four barrel carb) and a 727 transmission.

Thank you,

Tirekickertoo

rogue

Reaction score
I've used lokar cables on both my cars without any problems

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
I've used lokar cables on both my cars without any problems

rogue, Thank you for the information. Did you buy direct from Lokar or did you purchase from a vendor like Jegs or Summitt? I also need the cable mounting bracket that mounts to the base of the carb or intake manifold. I'd prefer to purchase a kit rather than piecemeal individual parts.

Thank you,

Tirekickertoo

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
Back