• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Thus it begins part 2

thestuntboy

Reaction score
I kinda slacked a little from updates so instead of reviving a year old thread started part 2. I have completed the main wiring and circuit tested what I have for now. I was ready to test fire the engine and had just primed the fuel system when a dropped tool had me notice a coolant leak. It came from the brand new water pump weep hole so necessitated a replacement before continuing. I finished the replacement today and hope to start the engine tomorrow. Lots of work to go including tidying the spaghetti but the tunnel light is brighter. The wet floor is a result of recent non stop rain and 100% humidity.
weep hole.jpg
headlights.jpg

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
I kinda slacked a little from updates so instead of reviving a year old thread started part 2. I have completed the main wiring and circuit tested what I have for now. I was ready to test fire the engine and had just primed the fuel system when a dropped tool had me notice a coolant leak. It came from the brand new water pump weep hole so necessitated a replacement before continuing. I finished the replacement today and hope to start the engine tomorrow. Lots of work to go including tidying the spaghetti but the tunnel light is brighter. The wet floor is a result of recent non stop rain and 100% humidity.View attachment 110066View attachment 110067
Lights work - half the battle! May I be so bold and ask you remove a few things from the fenders before cranking that bad boy up?

thestuntboy

Reaction score
Lights work - half the battle! May I be so bold and ask you remove a few things from the fenders before cranking that bad boy up?
That picture was taken during circuit testing. The fenders are cleaner now. You don't enjoy a game of dodge the flying tool???

thestuntboy

Reaction score
After a little work and correcting my own mistake she was fired up yesterday. Still have to wire up a few things and the heater and tidy up the wiring runs. Interior is next. I either have to reupholster the seats or buy aftermarkets. Drivable hopefully by end of Fall.

thestuntboy

Reaction score
Wired the door jambs today so last of major wiring complete except the radio which can wait. I will be installing the driveshaft and shifter cable so she can move then it's just tidying up the wiring (ugh). Still some interior work left (seats, trim etc.) but in the home stretch.

thestuntboy

Reaction score
Cowl seal arrived. I didn't know the clips were loose. A pain to install but I used a piece of wood to set the rubber then a fat punch to set the "tabs". 2 tabs broke so I used 2 spares I happen to have but save yourself the trouble and get the one with the clips installed.

20230806_171433.jpg

20230806_171518.jpg

20230806_173242.jpg

20230806_174543.jpg

Katfish

Reaction score
Nice! Getting there
I'm confused on the seal, what needs to happen?
Set rubber with wood? Then a punch?

thestuntboy

Reaction score
Nice! Getting there
I'm confused on the seal, what needs to happen?
Set rubber with wood? Then a punch?
The clips which are seperate have upright prongs/tabs. I used the wood to push through the seal without damaging it then the punch to push over the tabs to hold the seal. The tabs can break off but I had spares.You are better off buying the seal with clips already installed on the seal.

20230806_175309.jpg

thestuntboy

Reaction score
Installed shifter cable , speedo cable, left header pipe. Tight spaces and I have to come up with a viable way to prevent the exhaust from cooking everything. Still looking for the driveshaft but I have a trip coming up so it can wait.

exhaust and cables.jpg

Shifter attachment.jpg

Speedo.jpg

Back