• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Torsion Bar Adjuster / Bump Stop

Badfishy

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve been trying to figure out why the driver side adjuster bolt is about an inch lower than the passenger side, and driver side wedge bump stop is right against the subframe? The passenger side wedge bump stop is 1/4” to the subframe.

Level floor. Original torsion bars. Adjuster bolts not stripped. 440, aluminum heads, intake manifold, water pump, battery relocated to trunk passenger side, headers.

Front end is 25” high at both front wheel openings. Rear passenger wheel openings are 25 1/2” high driver, 25” high passenger.

I had a PST front end kit installed a couple hundred miles ago, new front sway bar, tubular upper arms, and aligned, so many parts are new - but the adjuster and bump stop issue was the same before then.

See pics. I would appreciate any help and insight!
CA7744DE-CA0C-403B-A30D-6090A7BA5413.jpeg

5551CBB1-3524-4230-BBFE-58E4E49F8F3D.jpeg
4C91F5FF-A47F-4CB7-A9DE-7C42201F8C1E.jpeg
A783873B-C6D0-4908-B16D-83F8214F3C2A.jpeg

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Check ride height. You may have a weak torsion bar or wrong one. worn or broken components. bushings,upper or lower control arms,twisted socket in torsion bar member.clock the torsion bar? Full tank of gas or about a 120 lbs in the trunk if empty.

alinment.png

factoryalignspecs.jpg

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The front adjustment has a lot of effect on the rear suspension so I would correct that first so the rear that is high can be changed by the diagonal opposite front adjuster . So the right front adjuster should be tightened to lower the left rear until even with the RR
Check the ends of the torsion bars , there should be a 3 digit part # such as 778 / 779 , odd is the left side & even is the right side , you may have mismatched bars or damaged bars .

Cratos

Reaction score
have you checked your lower control arm bushings? a blown out one may cause it.I am in process changing mine ( I was told had been done when the body shop had the K frame out for paint , more lies) or it could be a week torsion bar.

Back