• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Torsion bar install help

SFEbody

Reaction score
Ok so I started to install my new torsion bars into my QA1 lower control arms and started with the right side. Bought the clamp from Mancini and had to beat the (F) out of it to install it but it dod finally go in.

This leads me to the left side, I beat on the clamp so hard that it started to slip, so i tighten the clamp bolts until WHAM, yes one snapped, Of course they are harden bolts so my drill wont do anything to get it removed.

Since the torsion bar is started in the LCA, does anyone have a tip on how to get it in the last 1/2" so I can get the retainer clip in? HELP HELP HELP

Brian

moparlee

Reaction score
They shouldn't go in that hard. You are probably going have to fix the clamp and drive that bar out to see where the interference is. Too much paint? Did you grease the bar hexes and the LCA socket?

Katfish

Reaction score
Had similar problem, too much paint build up on hex.
Sand it off, lube it up and pound........

marks ebody

Reaction score
wow I know that you put the left one in the left side and the right one in the right side. And I’m hoping that you set the cam or the adjustment arm in the same Position. so one screw is not all the way in and the other ones all the way out.
To get the Car to sit level. And I’m with katfish use lots of grease.

Back