• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Transmission Line Routing Photos

72barracuda

Reaction score
Does anyone have a photo of the transmission line routing on a small block and 727 combination? Especially where lines go around transmission housing and past the starter. Thanks in advance.

72barracuda

Reaction score
Nevermind I found the problem. There is an error in Summit Racing's catalog. My pre-made lines are not for an E-body even though the website says they are. Trying to work this out with Summit.

Fox Slaughter

Reaction score
Does the prebent clear headers?

I put an aluminum radiator in and when moving one of the lines cracked it.
There was already a couple compression fittings in it.
But where its routed right now its also against the headers.

moparleo

Reaction score
The lines are one piece so they must have been repaired in the past. The lines should clear the headers with no problems as they run along the oil pan flange from the rear to the front.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
prebent lines can interfere with the headers near the starter as everything gets close there , you do not want them touching for sure 700* heat from the headers will definatly not help cooling , if you cannot get the lines enough space then insulating should be done .

72barracuda

Reaction score
I still had to do a lot of bending to my pre-made lines from Summit even after getting the "right" ones. Problem areas were the bend around the transmission near the starter and the run parallel to the header and transmission pan. I will probably have to adjust them again. I also plan to use insulation. It would be nice to see how they are supposed to route.

Back