• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Trouble getting into Neutral

Lime Lite 70

Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of a 833 Trans in neutral? Having a problem getting the trans in to Neutral I just refilled the trans after putting the motor and trans in now its time to hock up the linkage. It hocked up but will not release the rear spline to spin. I need a little help if you have some info, I will really be glad.

Rich G.

Reaction score
You should make sure the trans is in neutral before you put the linkage on. Be sure to put a rod or drill bit in the shifter to lock it in neutral and then put the rods on.

tonysrt

Reaction score
If you have the arms on the tranny, without the rods, you should be able to move each arm 3 times, forward, backward and in the middle will be neutral. The reverse arm either moves forward or backwards. If the lower 2 are in neutral or the middle then move the reverse arm to find neutral and then you would be able to rotate tailshaft.

Lime Lite 70

Reaction score
If you have the arms on the tranny, without the rods, you should be able to move each arm 3 times, forward, backward and in the middle will be neutral. The reverse arm either moves forward or backwards. If the lower 2 are in neutral or the middle then move the reverse arm to find neutral and then you would be able to rotate tailshaft.

Lime Lite 70

Reaction score
Thank You I went out the next morning and it all clicked in to place. I must have had a gray moment. I've been working on the car for 22 days to get ready for Mopar in the park and my mind has been overload trying to get everything all back together and working. Thank You again I needed a good kick to get me going again.

tonysrt

Reaction score
Glad your little problem is solved. Sometimes we panic and don't see the obvious.

Back