• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Trunk lock trouble

Tucknroll

Reaction score
Need some advice. When I bought the 70 cuda there was no trunk lock. Just a hole. I bought a new lock and discovered the hole is too big. The lock just goes threw it. Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks

Tucknroll

Reaction score
I'll take a close up tomorrow. It's just a tad too big. Maybe a bigger lock off something else?

20190423_160829.jpg

aussiemark

Reaction score
I bought a repop trunk lock from The Mopar Shop and it was a bit tight to fit properly so I had to machine it down a little with my die grinder maybe someone had the same problem but ground the hole out rather then the lock (some people are stupid). Does the hole still have the notches to prevent the lock from turning or is the hole perfectly round?

Tucknroll

Reaction score
It's not perfect notches but its rough. The rough part or edge of the hole is pushed in like they punched the old lock through. If it wasn't pushed through itd probably fit

Tucknroll

Reaction score
There's a no weld hole repair kit on eastwood.com that has good reviews

DrEamer

Reaction score
I bought a repop trunk lock from The Mopar Shop and it was a bit tight to fit properly so I had to machine it down a little with my die grinder maybe someone had the same problem but ground the hole out rather then the lock (some people are stupid). Does the hole still have the notches to prevent the lock from turning or is the hole perfectly round?

I am curious where you machined down on the lock, was it the notches or somewhere else. I ask because I am having the same issue, and was not sure if it was the lock not fitting, or my repop AMD panel that is the issue.

Back