• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Turn Signal Lights stay on? - Advice

doubleyellow

Reaction score
Putting dash in car and hooking everything up......chasing electrical gremlins.....

When I put the parking light and head lights on, the Right and Left light in the Rallye dash are on. It's been many years and my memory is fading, but I don't think they are supposed to be on.

The do function (blink) when the steering column stalk is moved, and also they blink properly when hazard switch activated.

Front turn signal bulbs and rear bulbs working.

So, were they supposed to stay on?
If not:
- check all bulb connections? Front and rear? in Rallye Dash?
- change turn signal relay?
- something else?

Thanks

Reaction score
No they should not be on. They should only flash with the signals. Do they get brighter when the signal switch is operated?
Your problem sounds like a ground issue. I had a truck that the signal indicators in the cluster used to come on dimly at first, then get brighter when the headlights were on, it was a ground issue back feeding the signal circuit.
Check the ground at both front signal/park lights, and also the rear taillight bulb sockets and the tail lights to the body ground.
Try pulling the park/signal bulbs one at a time to try to locate if the problem is front or rear.
Make sure all the signal/park bulbs are in their sockets correctly.

Reaction score
Ground the steering column, they had that wire from the mounting stud to the mounting bracket that bolts on the column.

Back