• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Twins Almost

AUSTA

Reaction score
Chrysler car show on the weekend

Twins.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Obviously there are many things to like about car shows but 2 things I can’t stand about them is a hood that’s up continuously made worse by not one but 2 giant placards of info....:BangHead: Cars don’t photograph well with an open hood IMO..

AUSTA

Reaction score
Obviously there are many things to like about car shows but 2 things I can’t stand about them is a hood that’s up continuously made worse by not one but 2 giant placards of info....:BangHead: Cars don’t photograph well with an open hood IMO..
That's fine always good to have feedback from both sides of the coin .

AUSTA

Reaction score
Thanks,a lot of shows are planned then cancelled at the last moment due to covid.
There will be another couple & that will it as winter is fast approaching only takes 1 case to go back into lock down i am over it..

70chall440

Reaction score
I think many don't appreciate the level of dedication you Aussies have to have to own these cars as you guys spent many times what we spend in the US to have the same car not to mention the pain you have to deal with locally just to be able to drive that car on public roads.

Nice cars all, sorry to see them leave the US but I know they are loved and cherished there.

AUSTA

Reaction score
I think many don't appreciate the level of dedication you Aussies have to have to own these cars as you guys spent many times what we spend in the US to have the same car not to mention the pain you have to deal with locally just to be able to drive that car on public roads.

Nice cars all, sorry to see them leave the US but I know they are loved and cherished there.
Thanks, it's pretty well impossible these days the cost of freight has pretty put an end to full restores here. The laws are not too bad as long as you deal with the right people.

70chall440

Reaction score
Thanks, it's pretty well impossible these days the cost of freight has pretty put an end to full restores here. The laws are not too bad as long as you deal with the right people.
I am doing 2 cars for a friend in Brisbane at the moment, he has a 73 Cuda currently and says about the same thing about doing a restoration. We take a lot for granted here in the US as I am always a bit amazed at some of the AUS rules. I paint my own cars which my friend is somewhat amazed by bc down under this is not really an option. Everything costs considerably more down there.

Raycuda

Reaction score
At many car shows they do actual judging of the cars on a points basis. The hood must be up to have the engine compartment judged, as well as the trunk in some shows. If you want to photograph the car, and the owner is present, ask them if they would lower the hood so you can take a photo. Most would be happy to oblige you.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
At many car shows they do actual judging of the cars on a points basis. The hood must be up to have the engine compartment judged, as well as the trunk in some shows. If you want to photograph the car, and the owner is present, ask them if they would lower the hood so you can take a photo. Most would be happy to oblige you.
These cars were designed and look their best with the hoods down, doors closed etc..
It should be the other way around, all hoods down all the time and if you want to see the engine room and the owner is around to oblige then great. This is just my opinion of course, to each their own but to me there’s nothing more ridiculous at a car show then to see rows of cars with the hoods up.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Hoods up don't do it for me either. I don't go to a car show to look at cars like they are in the repair garage. I want to see the "speed" on their paint! Hoods down for me. Although, I'm sure with the cuda I'm putting in Carlisle I will put the hood up for a few hours each day just so folks can check out the stroker.

70chall440

Reaction score
If the car is restored then it can be closed up, however if it is a restomod or a build car I want to see the engineering so I want it opened up.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Cars definitely look their best with hood down the way they were built i open mine from time to time.A lot of people at shows here have never seen whats under the hood of a Ebody & like to compare the differences between the Australian built Chrysler vechiles drive train & the ones with imported US built engines.

Raycuda

Reaction score
These cars were designed and look their best with the hoods down, doors closed etc..
It should be the other way around, all hoods down all the time and if you want to see the engine room and the owner is around to oblige then great. This is just my opinion of course, to each their own but to me there’s nothing more ridiculous at a car show then to see rows of cars with the hoods up.
I agree with you 100%, but if it is a judged show, the hood goes up. Once I know they have looked at it, hood down. Not a judged show, of just a cruise, hood stays down.

moparroy

Reaction score
Sorry - hood up for me - I want to see the guts - stock or mod. Trunk closed - keep your personal stuff in there - don't matter to me.
I once had pit passes for the Toronto Indy - thought it would be cool to get a close look - when I got there all I wanted to do was "look under the hood" or better get wrenching on it - or drive it ... just looking at the car did nothing more than a photo for me. My 2 cents.

Back