• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

upper ball joints....

rolling_thunder

Reaction score
So I am frustrated.... I was told the upper ball joints for an E-body were 1 59/64th... ordered the socket... didn't fit. Went up and ordered a 1 7/8... still doesn't fit...

anyone want to tell me why there are multiple upper ball joint sizes for an E-body? I measured it out at slightly over 1 7/8... so its definitely NOT a C-body joint... anyone want to solve this mystery ?

moparleo

Reaction score
There are 3 different sized Ball Joint socket sizes. The smallest is for A-body, the midsized is for B & E -body and the largest is for C-bodies. Only the midsize is for E-bodies. Are these actual ball joint sockets that you bought or just large, standard sockets ?

moparleo

Reaction score
The proper tool will be safer and will not cause any collateral damage. Balljoint socket with breaker bar is the proper tool.
Check with your local auto part store. Most of the majors will rent or lend the tool if you buy the part from them.

rolling_thunder

Reaction score
I bought the 1 7/8" ball joint socket... I found out what the problem was... the bulge on the top of the ball joint actually protruded beyond where the socket attached... I ended up taking a grinder and grinding down the nub - made the socket fit and then finally got them off...

Back