• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

UPS Courier Brokerage fees to Canada.

douglas17

Reaction score
Outrageous brokerage fees being charged by UPS, on top of regular shipping rates.
Canadians beware before purchasing from US based retailers. Brokerage fees have soared as of late.
Do your home work before purchasing, Just some FYI.

Customs invoice.jpg

EW1BH27

Reaction score
That's why I never buy from a seller that ships with a courier company like UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. I'll always do my best to insist on USPS. If there's no choice and and it's really needed I'll use one of my US addresses. Sadly, being in NS you probably don't have that convenience.

I was once told that it's called a brokerage fee because it makes you broker.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
How is it not a shame that the Canadian dollar has dropped to a new low?
One of the richest countries on the planet and less debt per capita than the US.
$14,000 per Canadian compared to $70,000 for American's.
So why the lower value? well I am glad you asked.
That's because when the board of commerce businessmen from South of the border come North to do business here, they tell the government of Canada that our folks like to put Canada in the receiving position, would you be ok with that?
And the Canadian government says YES , without care. as if they are talking about football.
I think it is going to get even worse everywhere for everyone. I see no recovery in the short term. A recession is here. Your just seeing the cause and effects. UPS is recovering their operating cost, as everyone is. Just my opinion, ride it out.

Deezel

Reaction score
If a company tells me the only way they'll ship to Canada is by UPS, I usually don't complete the order. I have no problem paying my duties/taxes but UPS's brokerage fees are WAY out of control. This is not something new from them, they have been doing this for years.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I learned this decades ago when UPS tried to charge $85 for a $14 part , I refused the shipment .
Never Use UPS into Canaduh !!

Last edited:
Reaction score
:wtf:WOW, did not realize you guys have to pay so many BS fees. I wish you had other options. I would imagine most of the parts you need or want are from US based companies.................

:BangHead::bs_flag:

EW1BH27

Reaction score
:wtf:WOW, did not realize you guys have to pay so many BS fees. I wish you had other options.
Like I said, USPS is the way to go. To date none of my USPS deliveries have been subject to customs/duty fees. USPS and Canada Post don't have anything called "brokerage Fees". International shipments are subject to Customs inspection and it's then that a decision is made whether to charge duties and taxes or be confiscated.

Before my post office closed and was consolidated with 2 others I saw employees sorting packages on a conveyor and putting aside international ones for Canada Customs inspection. One day the guy tracked me down and said, "Hey John, there's something on the belt for you from PA". It was my $125.00USD 6-way seat track.

Back