• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Using 318 radiator on my 383 challenger build

shovelhead

Reaction score
I want to use my 26" radiator (318 sb) a/c car on my 383 challenger build ,which hoses do i need and which supplier has them?cheers,Jon

shovelhead

Reaction score
Im using radiator as it is the larger 26" wide a/c type,its in great condition,it fits as does its shroud and it will save me alot $600 as im in UK.I remember afew years ago someone using different hoses to fit a BB.Just need to know which hoses to buy and fit??

Ricks72Chlgr440

Reaction score
Im using radiator as it is the larger 26" wide a/c type,its in great condition,it fits as does its shroud and it will save me alot $600 as im in UK.I remember afew years ago someone using different hoses to fit a BB.Just need to know which hoses to buy and fit??
You could cobble a couple of hoses together to make it work. Another option is to find a water pump housing that has the inlet on the other side. Believe some big block trucks had that. Another option for you would be to have a radiator shop move the inlet to the other side.

shovelhead

Reaction score
Ive found a silicone flexible hose supplier in UK,and if i need to ill swap pump as suggested.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
The hoses connections are opposite as Moparleo stated. I understand what you are referring to. I don't know what size the hoses are but a 67 or 66 Dodge Coronet maybe Charger and others of those years have the reverse connections. I think I have a radiator from one. {{I need correct myself. Here's a I think 66-67 Coronet 26" radiator. Maybe this might help.}}
1693745415047.jpeg

1693745538225.jpeg

Last edited:

Xcudame

Reaction score
440 source has a water pump housing with the lower radiator tube on the opposite side.

Back