• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

using Mopar Performance paint

cowdoc

Reaction score
Getting ready to paint my 340, paint is stripped, and I'm gonna give it one more cleaning. I plan on using epoxy primer to start, followed by the Mopar Performance paint. What should I use for recoat times on the Mopar paint? Also, I've read lots of conflicting opinions on using primer. Right now the engine is out of the car, but last January, just after I got the Challenger, I sprayed the front of the engine with epoxy primer and acrylic enamel. Came out great, and lemme tell ya, did not come off very easily! That paint was stuck on good!

cowdoc

Reaction score
Getting ready to paint my 340, paint is stripped, and I'm gonna give it one more cleaning. I plan on using epoxy primer to start, followed by the Mopar Performance paint. What should I use for recoat times on the Mopar paint? Also, I've read lots of conflicting opinions on using primer. Right now the engine is out of the car, but last January, just after I got the Challenger, I sprayed the front of the engine with epoxy primer and acrylic enamel. Came out great, and lemme tell ya, did not come off very easily! That paint was stuck on good!
Have you read this one yet ?
Totally Auto Inc. Paint Tips
That's very good information! Thank you! It would seem like using the primer is an unnecessary and possibly detrimental extra step.

Back