• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOUND Wanted Small Block Cuda Headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rklein71

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a pair of reasonably priced small block headers. Trying to avoid the style where the steering link passes through the tubes. Engine should be a tad over 400 hp. I am in Amarillo, TX. Thanks, Rod

moparleo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New headers can run from $100. to over $700. For maximum benefit you need to know what tube diameter and length you need. Remember that anything that you find that's cheap is that way for a reason. Cheap headers have clearance problems, leaks and questionable power output. If this is an engine that you will be using for a long while don't spend, but invest in good quality parts. Cheap is not cheap if you have to buy it again. I personally run a complete TTI exhaust. It took a couple of years to save up for it, about $1300. back about 10 years ago. But fit, finish, and performance is second to none. There are other quality headers out there like Doug's and others, but expect to spend some money.

rogue

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a set of Hedman HED-78056 Headers i just pulled off my challenger that i don't need, they're a bit rough but i'm willing to let them go for cheap. Like Leo, I'm a fan of TTI and the reason the hedman's are available is because i'm upgrading to a TTI set.

rklein71

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a set of Hedman HED-78056 Headers i just pulled off my challenger that i don't need, they're a bit rough but i'm willing to let them go for cheap. Like Leo, I'm a fan of TTI and the reason the hedman's are available is because i'm upgrading to a TTI set.

What are you looking to get for them, where are you located, and what do you mean by a bit rough?
Rod

rklein71

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New headers can run from $100. to over $700. For maximum benefit you need to know what tube diameter and length you need. Remember that anything that you find that's cheap is that way for a reason. Cheap headers have clearance problems, leaks and questionable power output. If this is an engine that you will be using for a long while don't spend, but invest in good quality parts. Cheap is not cheap if you have to buy it again. I personally run a complete TTI exhaust. It took a couple of years to save up for it, about $1300. back about 10 years ago. But fit, finish, and performance is second to none. There are other quality headers out there like Doug's and others, but expect to spend some money.

I will weld up my own exhaust. Bought a Jegs kit and an x-pipe kit last time and was really nice when done. Not a big deal, so that saves some money. Don't have a couple of years, mopar friend of mine has some headers for cheap (free) I am going to look at tomorrow. Should get me by for a while.

rogue

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they're a bit rusted and the finish isn't quite so bright any more... located in zip 23454... basically i'd want enough to cover shipping plus a few more dollars... can't beat free though

rklein71

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they're a bit rusted and the finish isn't quite so bright any more... located in zip 23454... basically i'd want enough to cover shipping plus a few more dollars... can't beat free though
I will get back to you tomorrow as I don't know what kind of headers they are. They do require some welding, so they will require some work. I think yours sound better. Rod

rogue

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20170428_171901.jpg
20170428_171910.jpg
20170428_171924.jpg
20170428_171935.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back