• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Water Pump Pulley for AC

money pit

Reaction score
I have a 74 360 engine. The water pump pulley I have on the engine is, part # 3418227. I bought this pulley on E-bay since I didn't have a pulley when I bought the engine. The engine originally had factory AC. I installed a Vintage Air system. The belt for the compressor and the alternator don't line up with the water pump. I'm using the original crank pulley. I need a water pump pulley that will move the groove of the pulley closer to the engine by about 3/4 in. The current water pump pulley's OD 5 5/8 in. A OD that is larger will hit the crank pulley. Do I need to replace the crank and water pump pullies?

money pit

Reaction score
Crank pulley 3 groove? I thought Vintage Air system had listing of pulley set up.PDF file.
It's the original 3 pulley that was on the engine. Their pulleys are 2 grooves on the crank and 1 groove on the water pump. Their pulleys are larger than the ones currently on the engine so I wasn't sure if they fit. I guess if they sell the pulleys, they should fit. I contacted their tech section, no reply. Thanks

Back