• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

what after market starter are you running on a big block

Flchallenger

Reaction score
I have a 512 cu stroker with 10:1 compression. Starter has gone out. I have schumaker shorty headers so I have lots of room as compared to others. Just curious what others are using and how well they work.

fasjac

Reaction score
I have a 512 cu stroker with 10:1 compression. Starter has gone out. I have schumaker shorty headers so I have lots of room as compared to others. Just curious what others are using and how well they work.
Im using a power master/ gear reduction on a 500 stroker. It’s small and works well for me. I’m pretty sure you can get a later model mopar that would work just fine as well.
Good luck to you.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I have always used the original equipment starters from Magnum engines purchased from wrecking yards , I change the contacts under the 3 bolt plate & they work great , far better than powermaster stuff

RICO

Reaction score
Same here.
I have a new power master gear reduction starter that i had on my hemi...if your interested let me know had some parts for sale..my phone#1-909-851-4046

plymouth67

Reaction score
I have a 512 in my car. Recently the starter went bad I believe it was a power Master but not sure. Replaced it with a magnum style starter, I use them on pretty much everything.

Back