• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What brand of trim ring fits a Mopar Rally rim best?

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
I recently bought a set of US wheel rally rims 15x7 and a matching set of wheel vintiques beauty rings. These rings just do not fit on the rim! I tried tapping it on with a rubber mallet with no sucess. This isnt rocket science what am I doing wrong? Is there a better ring out there I should of gone with? I`ll ditch these rings if there are better quality ones out there.
Screenshot 2022-03-20 at 23-03-27 Order Tracker - JEGS High Performance.png

moparleo

Reaction score
The rings are not matching. US wheel rim, Wheel Vintiques ring. US wheel doesn't show a 7" ring for the Mopar rally.
Should have got matching brands of rims and rings, like all wheel vintiques rim and ring.

marks ebody

Reaction score
I have a few factory trim rings
Super nice use set $400.00
NOS set $700.00
These are 15 x 2 3/4
I have a few sets of 15 x 3 factory trim rings that might let go for $6000.00 a set

Steve340

Reaction score
Mine are tricky to get on. The only way I can do it is to take the wheel off and lay it on it's back.
I then put on a set of knee pads and gloves and kneel on the trim ring to hold it in position and "bump" it on carefully with my gloved hands trying not to dent it.
The gloves are thick padded one's.
I think I recall bending in some of the retaining tabs.

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
I thought any trim ring would fit so long as the size was right. I did find this on the US wheel site I`ll try one and if the fit is right i`ll get the other three. Oh well live and learn!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-21 at 21-07-24 3.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-21 at 21-07-24 3.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 128

DaveBob

Reaction score
I recently bought a set of US wheel rally rims 15x7 and a matching set of wheel vintiques beauty rings. These rings just do not fit on the rim! I tried tapping it on with a rubber mallet with no sucess. This isnt rocket science what am I doing wrong? Is there a better ring out there I should of gone with? I`ll ditch these rings if there are better quality ones out there.View attachment 92093
The OEM trim rings look and fit the best and come in brushed or polished finish. When I bought my trim rings, I could only get the polished version at the dealer, but I prefer them over the brushed version. In the polished finish, especially, the ring's reflection of the decorative hole in the wheel hides the location of a black valve stem. This happens because the valve stem hole lines up with the decorative hole in the OEM wheel. Unfortunately, this is not true for most aftermarket Rallye wheels. Decide whether you want brushed or polished and try to hold out for a good deal on some OEM rings, although you won't get quite the deal I got in the late 70's. I paid dealer price for NOS trim rings and had to pay about $100 for the whole set. I thought this was a lot of money then, since it was about double what I paid for a used set of PN 2944390 15x7 wheels, that I bought one at a time for $10 to $15 each. I found three at the bone yard and one at a tire store.

PlymDodGeorge

Reaction score
You might ask the folks at Coker Tire for advise. We bought road wheels and beauty rings for the Challenger restoration a few years back from Coker and all fit well.

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
I was messing around in the garage last night on my car & looked at the box the rings came in and noticed the label. It says matches 8” oem? I bought a 15x7 rim, are these rings mislabeled?

340challconvert

Reaction score
I have my original polished trim rings on my A66 Challenger vert, minus one. I had sold one original over 20 years when I thought I had an NOS set I bought in the 1980's. Looking at my stash later, with the correct part number, I had bought and stored 15x 2 3/4 all those years.
Anyway, I started looking for clean originals a few years ago and came across some decent rings that I purchased and could be eventually restored to like new. Paid on or around $100 per ring at the time. Just my thoughts on this!

Attachments

• IMG_5337.JPG
    IMG_5337.JPG
    984.3 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_5336.JPG
    IMG_5336.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 156

Qtip

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with the trim rings. This last weekend, tried to place a nos set of trim rings on my Coronet. Same result, tack, tack, pop off. Grabbed my wide pliers- manually bent each tab , starting from the center of the tab, tweak- bend into the ring about an 1/8 "( don't worry .the metal has memory) than watch each side of tab, bend each side of tab to equalize tab. Work from stem hole around to not get lost. 20 minutes later, rings installed. P.s. take a rag, soak with WD 40, and wipe rim where mounting. Wala! Drove the car 45 miles immediately, no issue. Perfect.

i_taz

Reaction score
My car came with the 3" and have no idea who made them but there brushed and
I only noticed after I had them off a couple times that every time I put them back on
with the palm of my hand I was denting them.... =(

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
My car came with the 3" and have no idea who made them but there brushed and
I only noticed after I had them off a couple times that every time I put them back on
with the palm of my hand I was denting them.... =(
Yeah I put a small dent in one of the rings with my hand too. I even tried putting it on with the tire off the car. These can’t be right it’s a freakin trim ring! It shouldn’t be this hard it’s not rocket science!

i_taz

Reaction score
One problem I've read about and is the case with a New Yorker I have they don't fit tight up against the rim, so you end up unnecessarily pounding on them and even they have some dents. Back
in the day you would use a rubber mallet but wouldn't think of using one today...

Back