• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

what carb?

drewkins

Reaction score
I have a 318 that im putting a ld4b on and was wondering what carb looking at holleys. But i dont know if i should use vacuum or mechanical secondaries. It is a manual if that matters

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Hey, how's it going? You can use a Holley or Edelbrock square bore carb. It just needs to be the correct size for your motor and it needs to be jetted correctly. With that in mind, is your motor stock or modified. What heads are on it? What camshaft? What compression ratio? Without knowing anything I would go with a 600 cfm with vaccum secondaries.

drewkins

Reaction score
Im currently all stock but Im planning on building a mild cruiser 300-350 in the near future. the plan is a mild cam with some head work, and long tube headers.

drewkins

Reaction score
Ill have larger valves put in and maybe decked depending on if the block needs to be bored and if so what compression ill be at

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I personally have had better luck on the 318 with larger exhaust valves and the factory size intake valve. When I run a 318, like you are, I try to build torque not horse power. It does not sound like you plan on running over 5,000 RPM's too much.

A neighbor just used one of these kits in his 318 1965 Barracuda. With Fuel injection the car snaps like a well built motorcycle. It made me move 3) 318 blocks back into the garage, as I was going to scrap them. It really goes.

http://www.campbellenterprises.com/318-stroker-kit-mopar-318-5.2-stroker-kits.php

Back