• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What Distributor to use ?

Johndodge

Reaction score
I have a fresh 340 with a six pack set up I will be running. What will be a good distributor for this ?

moparleo

Reaction score
You need to give more detailed info for a good answer. Compression, cam, grade of fuel,type of linkage ( progressive or all in), Trans type, driving style, gearing, tire size .....

moparleo

Reaction score
The factory stock electronic ignition system will work just fine. No real need to go with HEI or other expensive systems. There is no horsepower in ignitions.
The factory systems were installed in many millions of cars with very good service.

spchallenger340

Reaction score
I've been running the NOS Mopar distributor and chrome box for over 20 plus years and has worked "flawless" for my 340 all these years .. so I picked up a spare a few years back since these are hard to find ... and they can say what want to but the the new stuff is junk... I'll stick with MADE IN USA on my parts :)

Mopar NOS distrib and NOS chrome box.jpg

halifaxhop

Reaction score
!00% agree those are "real" ecu's new ones have fake transistors and the transistor s burried in the potting and overheats, high fail rate on them.

Xcudame

Reaction score
IMO, the stock Chrysler ignition is pretty dang good and reliable. Especially for just everyday cruising. I agree also, using OEM parts is best. Even if they're 50 years old. It's better than most of the new "stuff".

Back