• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What do you do for a living?

burntorange70

Reaction score
I work for my Dad at his feed store Outlaw Hay And Grain. Buckin hay all day is hard work but it keeps me in shape.

100_0981.jpg

JH23J0B

Reaction score
Not P.C.

Work in a saw mill. I'm a wood butcher. 988 brings logs, 10' to 52' to my bucksaw and I cut them into what we need/can use. We cut Douglas fir 2"x4" up to 2"x14". The longest we make is 28'. Lumber market hasn't been real good the last couple years, nor does it look to pick up in the near future. Buy lumber now it's cheap.
Bucking hay, man I love doing that. We used to have a 2 wk shutdown in the summer to install new equipment. It was usually around haying time. So, that's what I did. HOW I SPENT MY SUMMER VACATION. (Was that Cheech & Chong?) Last few years only do 15-20 ton helping a couple small hobby farms. But it's still fun. :)

burntorange70

Reaction score
Hay buis is slow right now too. Don't know what people are feeding there animals. They ant geting it from me. Still doing ok though. Hope it picks up soon for you and me both. I am getting out of shape. LOL

wally426ci

Reaction score
Im a Construction Inspector for WSSC. We had the 66" water main break near DC last month......

Basically, I go out each day and cover crews that are laying water & sewer pipe....

:D

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
I have been a Autobody/Paint tech for 21 years. Been restoring muscle cars for about 9 of the last 21 years. Here are just a few that I've restored. None of them are mine. Work for a guy who has over 30 old Mopars.

0f5df772c9_640.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

sc005205fd.jpg

IMG_0575 copy 2.jpg

sc01be6ff1 copy.jpg

sc005303be.jpg

burntorange70

Reaction score
I have been a Autobody/Paint tech for 21 years. Been restoring muscle cars for about 9 of the last 21 years. Here are just a few that I've restored. None of them are mine. Work for a guy who has over 30 old Mopars.

What a cool job! You do nice work.

AdamR

Reaction score
I work at a small Body/Resto shop. Right now we have 6 Muscle Cars in various stages of restoration and another 6 on the waiting list.

Burnt Orange

Reaction score
You still got all your fingers? LOL Just kidding you

Yup, I can still count to 10!

The stress though took its toll, just trying to keep a bunch of adolescents from removing various body parts gave me gray hair and high blood pressure.

The best thing about retiring though is not having the hour-long commute each way in bumper-to-bumber traffic! That is the killer.

burntorange70

Reaction score
Yup, I can still count to 10!

The stress though took its toll, just trying to keep a bunch of adolescents from removing various body parts gave me gray hair and high blood pressure.

The best thing about retiring though is not having the hour-long commute each way in bumper-to-bumber traffic! That is the killer.

That is good. None of my shop teachers ever had all of there fingers.

Letting a bunch of 8th graders use a ban saw is not one of the schools best moves. LOL

Back