• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What do you do for a living?

plumbeeper

Reaction score
Plant Superintendent for a commercial heat treat company Hi-Temp Inc. now known as www.bluewaterthermal.com Been there since we built it in 1991. The entire heat treat business is slow right now, we've been holding our own. Our plant has made profit since the first year, last year was very good, this year does not look as good. Navistar and Indianapolis Casting Corporation, one of our major customers, just announced it's shutting down their engine assembly plant and casting plant in Indy in July due to Ford cancelling contracts that were supposed to be good until 2012, putting out 700 workers. Hopefully they'll get something else going and be able to keep it open. Almost everbody is hurting right now.

On a good note, steering wheel restoration business is very good and steady. Can't complain at all when the UPS, FedEx, USPS man arrives several times a week.

Dave

ramenth

Reaction score
At the moment I'm sitting on state paid vacation...unemployment. But when I do work it's as an auto technician. ASE certified in a few things. Ford certified in a lot of others. I've been professionally paid to do everything to a car but driven 'em and sell 'em. Started my career in detailing, moved up to body and paint, general collision, frame work, owned my restoration shop for about five years, then turned to the dark side: mechanical almost exclusively, general mechanical and maintenance, driveability and electrical. For a guy with an old school mindset I really, really enjoy doing today's driveability. Maybe because with the OBD systems it challenges the mind more than the body.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Finish carpentery, custom built-ins, furniture, concrete countertops. Been a carpenter for over 20 years now, spent some time in the union building auto show displays also quite a bit of traveling both with the auto shows and for my own clients. A solo act for the last 5 years or so, just the way I like it.

racerkilla

Reaction score
im a mechanic at my dads shop, or i help out in friends shops. Can do anything, engine swap/rebuilds, paint, resto work..... I also mess with 4 wheeler and snowmobiles alot.

71cudajoe

Reaction score
I own my own website design and development company. If that weren't my job it would be my hobby. Seeing as how it is my job, my hobby has become muscle cars.

pagilman

Reaction score
I am retired with 27 years with the Auditor Generals Dept., I have been a paper boy,dish washer,migrant farm worker, woodsman,sailor,heavy equiptment operator now i talk to u guys, drink beer and wine and enjoy the family and Steelers........

bad440

Reaction score
Retired geologist, have enjoyed Mopars since I was a kid when the neighbor came home one day with a 440 six pak Road Runner, was hooked ever since.

ramenth

Reaction score
I've taken over a buddy's shop. My own manager, service writer, as well as tech. Turned the back bay into a body area. Just need to get the word out that I'm doing that, too. The customer base is growing. Gotta love it!

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I rebuild / restore mopars .... self employed at this point the boss is a jerk but at least I can work with him!!!
I have also worked a s a locksmith , racecar fabricator , built Kit cars & engines , done welding & electrical & sta in a truck , anything to pay the bills !
Next week I may be employed again overseas in the Patch

Last edited:

mrees72

Reaction score
I am a high school marketing teacher/DECA advisor near Columbus, Ohio. Been at it 24 years now. Got into restorations about 5 years ago. Got a 72 Challenger and working on a 71 Challenger convertible.

Milkmann

Reaction score
I own a dairy farm in God's country, northeast Wisconsin. We milk about 200 cows and farm around 800 acres, plus I have a small custom harvesting business. Like someone else said, if I had a different job, farming would still be my hobby. I am lucky enough to be able to make a living doing something I would do for free.

I have had mostly Mopars since high school, had a 71 Roadrunner and a 73 Challenger "back in the day".

njb

Reaction score
I'm an infantryman in the Army. I went to college and graduated in '07 in auto mechanics, then got a job back home at a Chevy dealership. Work was slow and the bills kept coming, so I joined up. I was barely paying off student loans, truck payments, rent, and cellphone bills getting paid straight commission in a bad economy. Currently in Iraq, but stationed in paradise in Hawaii. Oddly enough though, I miss the cold of North Dakota. Am I crazy?

Back