• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What would you offer for a Cuda AAR project?

jeryst

Reaction score
I am going to go look at an AAR that has been garaged since 1979. Guy says its not in bad shape. All original and numbers matching.
He says he wants around $25k.

I've always wanted an AAR and can't afford a restored one, so I figure a project is the only way to go. Payment plan, so to speak - lol.

Anyways, I just wanted some opinions as to what they are going for.

I know I dont have a real condition yet, but I was hoping for some ballparks for various conditions like...
1. Total rust bucket.
2. Average rust for the year.
3. Solid underneath, but needs body work.
4. Driveable, but unrestored car.

Avalanche

Reaction score
Depending on how much work the body needs, and how solid the frame rails are it's hard to put a number on the resto.
How's the interior or drive train?
Assuming no rust and interior is deceant and motor and trans run fine, I say you still have around 15k to spend.
Now add rust, int., and drive tran.

It's allways cheaper to buy a done car if possible.
I bought a 70 conv. challenger which had all the body work done and a good motor and trans. The paint, int, mechanical, still cost me approx 20k. Now tires, rims, A.C.?

How much are restored AAr's going for nowadays?

ramenth

Reaction score
I'll agree and disagree.

It may be cheaper in the long run buying a car that's put together, depending on a few things. If you can buy a car that needs work for a decent price then, like said in the OP, you can "buy" it on the installment plan. A few bucks here, a few bucks there, as your wallet allows until you've made it what you want it.

Moparparts

Reaction score
Is that the Orange one, running with a 440 in it that was at Carlisle?

Back