• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What year would you think these stickers are from

EV2&Q5

Reaction score
These two stickers are on my T/A's windshield. What year do you think they are from? I keep them as a badge of honor just like the slight warp of the fiberglass hood. Both the windshield and hood are original. Like most of the parts on the car. The car has never left California.
IMG_0224.JPG

Rapidfire

Reaction score
I believe these were issued by CA DMV in the 70's. They were a one time issue and was a "forever" sticker. Was issued to hi performance cars that would not meet emission specs but we're factory. Not sure why you have two? Usually issued one and was good even after resale. I would definitely keep them on as they are a nice piece of automobile history and just adds to the period nostalgia. Most of them got removed later or the windshield was replaced.

EV2&Q5

Reaction score
You would think they would have put the date/year on the sticker. The windshield isn't bad. Not pitted to bad. Trying to keep the car as original as possible. Rear 8-3/4 still has yellow markings under all the grease and roadgrime. Love the car. I want it's Plymouth twin.

moparleo

Reaction score
The N0X system was a smog retro fit. We sold them in the mid 70's. If it is still on your car there will be a fitting tapped into the upper radiator hose and a vacuum line running to the device and a vacuum hose from the box to the distributor.

EV2&Q5

Reaction score
Pretty sure that is long gone. But if there is an exempt sticker on the window would the NOX device not be installed?
63628956-770-0@2X.jpg
63628954-770-0@2X.jpg

moparleo

Reaction score
Yep. Thinking back on it. There were 2 different stickers. "NOX Approved" that was used on cars that had the device retrofitted and " NOX Exempt" which was for cars not able to use the device. Multi carbs were an exemption so nothing is missing.
Give a "thumbs up" if you like the info.
Thanks, it was a long time ago. in my 20's back then.

Last edited:

EV2&Q5

Reaction score
Thanks. I like learning new things especially from folks who lived it and know.

/sixchall

Reaction score
My ‘70 Slant6 Challenger was assembled in LA and has been a Ca. car it’s whole existence. It has been outa state one time and that was for a trip to Vegas and one trip to the Oakland/San Francisco area out of SoCal where I live. It is N95 coded on the fender tag, usual Ca. emissions. The only sticker I have on the windshield is a CHP safety sticker located on the lower passenger side.

A22E6C9C-50E4-4BEB-8205-A5D53C939082.png

Back