• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What's the difference between a factory AC dash and non AC?

themechanic

Reaction score
I have a 70 Cuda with a non factory AC dash. Can I cut holes in my dash frame for AC vents?

rklein71

Reaction score
AC Dash

Attachments

• IMG_3878.JPG
    IMG_3878.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 9

moparleo

Reaction score
You can but then your problem is finding the vents and under dash ductwork. Not reproduced and expensive to buy used if you can find them. Put the feelers out to see if some one is doing the opposite of you and wants to sell a complete a/c dash setup.
Good luck.
Look in the 1970 Plymouth Service Manual for pictures.

fasjac

Reaction score
Really just vent openings, registers, control head, duct work, different heater box. I would think it would a bit difficult to cut the openings but, sure it can be done. As Leo said, look for one already set up for a/c. Can also consider vintage air system.
JMO
A/C is nice where I live but, don’t have it either.

themechanic

Reaction score
Sounds like it would be better to add AC via the aftermarket. Like, Vintage Air or Classic Auto Air.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
The area where the vents go are depressed a little for the bezels of the air vents. If you cut the vent holes your vents will stick out further than they are supposed to.
I have a complete a/c dash, dash frame and components. Would sell it. But not into shipping it as it is big.
I see your in ok. I have a few weekend trips planned for Walsh, Co. The bottom corner of the state. That's pretty close to okieville. I hit that border once in a while during hunts. Pm me if you are serious about buying a complete set up. Not easy to find. I'm not necessarily looking to sale, but if your close and your serious and your in need, I can come off the part.

themechanic

Reaction score
The area where the vents go are depressed a little for the bezels of the air vents. If you cut the vent holes your vents will stick out further than they are supposed to.
I have a complete a/c dash, dash frame and components. Would sell it. But not into shipping it as it is big.
I see your in ok. I have a few weekend trips planned for Walsh, Co. The bottom corner of the state. That's pretty close to okieville. I hit that border once in a while during hunts. Pm me if you are serious about buying a complete set up. Not easy to find. I'm not necessarily looking to sale, but if your close and your serious and your in need, I can come off the part.
I appreciate the offer but I think I'll go the aftermarket route.