• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Where do I buy a RV2 compressor?

Mr.Cuda-72

Reaction score
My original RV2 Reman compressor is broken, I will replace it with a refurbished RV2 and need help with where to buy it. Anyone who has experience to sharing? Is there anything I need to keep in mind? I have seen RV2 on Ebay but do not know if it's the right palace to buy? My car is Cuda 340 -72.
Mr.Cuda

azmoparboy

Reaction score
Hi, these old style R12 systems are very pricey to put together. As I know, I'm put one together myself. I will not try to put my system together with a remanded part. In the long run, it will pay for itself. Just one time losing all your R12 freon and you could have payed for a nos pump or any other part of your system, that's just my spin on anything that you don't want to go wrong.

I just took a look on eBay to see just what was there. They look pricey, in the end it will be your call on what you buy, good luck I know when I go to finish my system l know I'm going to need some luck too.

Have nice weekend,
Steve

Mr.Cuda-72

Reaction score
Hi, these old style R12 systems are very pricey to put together. As I know, I'm put one together myself. I will not try to put my system together with a remanded part. In the long run, it will pay for itself. Just one time losing all your R12 freon and you could have payed for a nos pump or any other part of your system, that's just my spin on anything that you don't want to go wrong.

I just took a look on eBay to see just what was there. They look pricey, in the end it will be your call on what you buy, good luck I know when I go to finish my system l know I'm going to need some luck too.

Have nice weekend,
Steve

Mr.Cuda-72

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, I will buy a renovated RV12 when I originally renovate my Cuda.
//Janne

aussiemark

Reaction score
Classic Auto Air does rebuilds on original parts including compressors. Now would be a perfect time to upgrade you system maybe go with a rotary style compressor they use less power and handle higher rpm.

Back