• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Where does this spring go?

jlsperko

Reaction score
I have a 1973 Barracuda that was originally a 318 car. I pulled the 318 to put in my 1966 Dodge A100 Van and had a 360 that I was in the process of building that I was going to put in the Barracuda.

When I pulled my motor, I completely stripped the engine bay down to paint it. After everything was done, I started putting it all back together, and had pictures of ALMOST everything, however there is a spring that I can't figure out where it went. It goes somewhere inside, and the only pieces I recall messing with were the brake pedal assembly (manual brakes) and steering column. I think the only pressure on the gas pedal is from the throttle cable / linkage, so I don't think it is there.

The actual spring measures about 5 1/4", and with end loops included, it is about 6 1/4"

Any info would be greatly appreciated, and a pic would be a definite bonus since I haven't been able to visually pinpoint it.

20171013_090454 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:

jlsperko

Reaction score
Good thought on the seat bracket. I just checked and my seat bracket spring is there. It does look similar to the seat bracket spring though.

Back