• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Where to buy 10-73 ohm Temperature Sending Unit

Jimmmmmay

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble finding the right temperature sending unit to buy. I've verified that my temp gauge is working exactly the way I'd expect - grounded to the gauge makes the needle go all the way hot. Then I hooked up a resistor that was around 40 ohms to a ground and the needle was in the middle. I checked the resistance of the sending unit I had in the car and it's way higher than the expected value of between 10 and 73 ohms. I bought another sender off of ebay for an "ebody that has a temperature gauge and not warning lights" and same have the same issue. The resistance when the car is hot is at about 150 ohms so it's not registering on the gauge.

Has anyone purchased a temperature sending unit with the correct range of 10-73 ohms? I see there are a bunch on RockAuto and Classic Industries, but I don't want to keep buying these and sending them back if they're not the right range. Just wanted if anyone on here has got the correct one for an ebody with rallye guages and where you purchased it from (links always appreciated).

Thanks!!

Jim

Steve340

Reaction score
I do not know the ohms reading for this unit. I purchased the stock gauge sender off Year One and it works good. I think it was around $15.

Back