• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

where to sart welding

philze

Reaction score
I have just fitted both new full quarters, full trunk pan and both trunk ext. All are fitted and clamped in place. I am not sure where to start welding to avoid getting blocked out of any areas. Thanks

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Take it all back apart but make sure you have everything properly marked to where it is a no brainer for it to go back together exactly how you have it mocked up right now. Then I would start with the trunkfloor, then the extensions and the quarters.
Are your replacement panels prepped? Are you plug welding or spot welding? Did you grind off the e-coating, are you using a weld through primer?

MoparArmyVet

Reaction score
DetMatt is "spot" on. Weld thru primer is very important unless you want to go through this again in the future. Work out from the floor pan and make sure that everything is centered. If you can mark it, remove it, mock it back up and everything looks good, drop your mask and hit the trigger. I measured and mocked up things many times over just to be sure it was correct. Hitting the weld trigger was always a tense moment even when you know you've got it right. Good luck on your project!

Back