• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Who can ID what this came out of?

68SuperBee

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what this is correct for?
So after evaporust didn't work, I tried the naval jelly and it brought out the stamping after only a couple hours. It looks like to the left of the valve stem is "K-1-1 2" to the right of the stem I can see "55". On the lugs I see a K1 with a 1 underneath of that. And then in between the lugs going counter clock wise I see what looks like the letter "G".
The tire is "BF Goodrich F78-14 Replaces 7.75-14"
What would this be correct on?
This is before I cleaned it, to show the different valve stem which I'm reading was installed starting in January of 1971.
FC471479-445B-40CD-BD7E-68631BE0AF9F_zpsxfovphzj.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
55 is for 5.5 inch wheel. I'm guessing the K stands for Kelsey and the 1-12 is the date code. Is this the one I expressed interest in?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Well hopefully one of the more knowledgeable guys can shed some more light on it.

AUSTA

Reaction score
This come with my 70 challenger not sure if it is date correct tyre is the same .
SStire.jpgSST2.jpg

SStire.jpg

SST2.jpg

68SuperBee

Reaction score
Can't seem to find anyone that knows for sure on these. Based on all info I find, this goes into a 1971 Cuda or challenger. My most educated guess between posting here and on Moparts.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
It's in decent shape, yes? Major pitting? Straight? I may have a correct wheel at my shop that had a normal tire installed on it years back. I'll dig it out and compare them although it might be a '70.

68SuperBee

Reaction score
It's pitted, but the naval jelly cleaned it up very nicely. Tire has small cracks where it would touch the road, but rest of tire is nice. Just needs cleaned and painted. Think I'm just going to throw it on eBay next week.

Back