• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Who knows what these are for???

stevepoppop

Reaction score
Hello all,
While digging through misc. Parts I found in my project 70 Challenger RT looking for kickdown linkage, I came across these two pieces. I don't think they are for the kickdown. Can anyone educate me as to what they are?
Thanks 16924031329138717345824984567302.jpg

pschlosser

Reaction score
I will say, NO, they are not for the throttle pressure (kick down) linkage. But gosh, they look familiar. Let me thinks on it and do some digging. But I'm pretty confident they are not for any kick-down or throttle linkages for 1966-1974 E or B body cars. I've had to work out some details on no less than 3 different motor configurations, this year, with regard to throttle pressure, return springs, brackets, etc. So I'm feeling pretty good about what I think I know on this topic.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Column lock rear rod. I believe one of them is for floor shift and one for column shift.

70 Ebody lockout.png

stevepoppop

Reaction score
Looks like the previous owner removed all that to install headers. Not sure if I can get it back together. I'm sure it has to be modified if I keep the headers.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Looks like the previous owner removed all that to install headers. Not sure if I can get it back together. I'm sure it has to be modified if I keep the headers.
If interested here's an instruction sheet that came with my cheap $99 headers (from 1981). I've since gone back to manifolds and unmodified linkage.

Lock out mod1.jpg

Back