• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Why is it taking so long?

budascuda

Reaction score
just got this in my e mail

Screenshot_20200803-164829.png

I don't know, I don't want to be rude but I stopped myself from sending Mike Gary a message a couple of times already. (I guess I was waiting to see if he is gonna reproduce parts for matadors first! lol)
I just wanted to ask him, where is the logic in reproducing obscure parts for galaxys ,fairlanes and torinos or what have you, instead of making the most needed structural parts for the e bodys first. I hope he makes the other pcs yet not reproduced as well.
I'll hold my peace for now! lol

Rich G.

Reaction score
Probably because there are a million fords out there and only a handful of e bodies left to restore. Well at least I can’t find one that the owner isn’t asking 10 X what it’s worth!

wedg2go

Reaction score
budascuda
This sounds a little bit like the same thing I am going thru presently with a $6500.00 leveling kit on our motorhome! Some business owners simply don't think and put good business hours towards bad intentions. In my case, since the business owner refuses to answer emails or even his phone from either my installer or me, I can safely assume he is nothing more than a "Thief!" He finally replied when I called him out on that. Told me he wasn't going to reply to me ever again. LOL! Really? He also added, he will now only communicate to my installer about the status of my warranty work. He did! Four week ago over the return of my "fixed" equipment that was to take only one week. Haven't heard from my installer since they haven't heard from him (the supplier). My warranty work has been ongoing since last December.

I guess what I am trying to say here is that "some" business owners/businesses don't deserve to exists if they don't focus on their intended product or service. All it takes is man hours if they really want to diversify and not four hour lunches. Anymore, most of them suck! The 80s, 90s and early 2000 businesses are not the same as the businesses of today. They were better...Much better then. Customer/client oriented and not so much take the money and run!

BTW - What I 'called him out on' will take place in another month or so. I promised him, that he will hear from the state attorney general, as well as the county sheriff, over some stolen goods. I might be the 'bad guy' here and I might not get anywhere with the attorney or sheriff until I slap a co-v mask on and make it my personal project to recover some or most of that $6500.00 by legal means, One way or another, I'm done playing around!!!

Sorry to pirate! Just feels good to get it out there in the open!

DrEamer

Reaction score
AMD recently cut a number of Mopar part numbers. E bodies took a small hit compared to early A bodies, and A's in general. I did see a response somewhere that said the reasoning was related to limited warehouse space, production runs needed to be large enough to be efficient, and sales cycles as high as ten years to sell that inventory. In other words, if they can't sell the parts in enough volume, they are going to quit making them.

budascuda

Reaction score
I know, I didn't mean to get anyone riled up, but common sense has gone out the window, you would think it's the quickening!
And wedge2go, you are right about today's businesses/business owners, they either want to or can't help not to Shanghai everybody .
They used to say "the cornerstone of any successful business is a quality product", never said anything about service, since it was a given. But now, since there is no more quality product anymore, the motto has changed to "the cornerstone of any businesses is quick cash and flight by night". (The lack of service is now a given, sigh....)
As for the motorhome, too bad you hit a glitch but I KNOW you have what it takes to resolve the issue with the warranty work. you can't be the bad guy when $6500 is owed to you! good luck.

Nlow, DrEamer , I understand what they do with excessive number of different parts, I get it, but why go and make these ford parts in the first place, that's why they are running out of room, you know fords, are there really a lot of folks fixing these things obsessively like people do mopars?
As I think I mentioned a while back, a convertible galaxy sat in the junk yard I used to go to for months and the only thing that got sold off it before going to the crusher was the front bumper and the car was in really good shape! Maybe its like that in Canada, I don't know.

Last edited:

tonysrt

Reaction score
On a different note I have had on order since Dec.2, 2019 the Edelbrock speed pro Fuel injection set up for a Hemi gen 2. Every month when expected arrival date comes it is moved up another month. Now there saying Aug. 31 arrival.

tonysrt

Reaction score
I had Fi tech until I got stuck. Went back to carbs. Edelebrock comes with fuel rails on the manifold and distributor so it is a more dedicated system.People are still having problems with Fi tech. No guarantee that the edelbrock won't have problems but I think tech help may be better.

340challconvert

Reaction score
budascuda
This sounds a little bit like the same thing I am going thru presently with a $6500.00 leveling kit on our motorhome! Some business owners simply don't think and put good business hours towards bad intentions. In my case, since the business owner refuses to answer emails or even his phone from either my installer or me, I can safely assume he is nothing more than a "Thief!" He finally replied when I called him out on that. Told me he wasn't going to reply to me ever again. LOL! Really? He also added, he will now only communicate to my installer about the status of my warranty work. He did! Four week ago over the return of my "fixed" equipment that was to take only one week. Haven't heard from my installer since they haven't heard from him (the supplier). My warranty work has been ongoing since last December.

I guess what I am trying to say here is that "some" business owners/businesses don't deserve to exists if they don't focus on their intended product or service. All it takes is man hours if they really want to diversify and not four hour lunches. Anymore, most of them suck! The 80s, 90s and early 2000 businesses are not the same as the businesses of today. They were better...Much better then. Customer/client oriented and not so much take the money and run!

BTW - What I 'called him out on' will take place in another month or so. I promised him, that he will hear from the state attorney general, as well as the county sheriff, over some stolen goods. I might be the 'bad guy' here and I might not get anywhere with the attorney or sheriff until I slap a co-v mask on and make it my personal project to recover some or most of that $6500.00 by legal means, One way or another, I'm done playing around!!!

Sorry to pirate! Just feels good to get it out there in the open!

Hope you get the chance for this guy to make things right!

tonysrt

Reaction score
The Edelbrock I'm waiting for is for a Gen2 hemi, comes with 2 throttle barrel manifold with fuel rails and a dedicated distributor.

Back