• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Window/Hardware Installation.

01freeman

Reaction score
Can anyone post some Window installation and the hardware installation for an E body. What is the best way to clean and restore any of the door latches and window hardware prior to installation. Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

moparmaniac10

Reaction score
There is a step-by-step process to putting all the "guts" into the doors. I tried just randomly putting in parts, and it doesn't work. There is a yellow assembly book that has detail instructions. It is my "Bible" for putting my car back together after being torn down for 6 years. Here is a quick rundown.
MAKE SURE ALL SLIDES AND REGULATOR ARE LUBRICATED PRIOR TO ASSEMBLY AND ONLY HAND TIGHTEN BOLTS UNTIL IT IS ALL TOGETHER
1) install door latch and outside door handle.
2) install regulator and rear slide
3) install front lower slide bracket (bolts to bottom of door)
4) install slide onto regulator
5) install front slide onto assembled window and slide down into door
6) attach front slide to door and lower bracket (previously installed)
7) (this part is a bit tricky) roll window regulator down until the holes in the slide match up with the mounting holes on the window and attach screws. (I had to place a 4x4 under the glass to prop it up high enough.
8) install rear slider (bolts to bottom of door and up top)
9) roll window up and down a bunch of times to set the window and adjust as needed, then tighten all the bolts at this time
10) roll window all the way down and install the window felts, window stops, and the adjusters that run on the glass, adjust as needed
11) Make sure this is last, cause the books tell you to do this first, Install the rubber door stop on the bottom of the door.

I literally just got done doing this last week and it worked great, each door takes about 30 minutes, without any issues. To clean the parts prior to lubing them, I have a parts washer with solvent in it. If you don't have access to one, just use brake cleaner and a small fine wire brush. hope this helps.

Back