• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

windshield install questions

dazedduster

Reaction score
I just got a 73 challenger, runs and drives but the windows are out, i cant seem to find gaskets for the front or rear windshield are they are they glue in, i am shure i will have a few other questions.

Thanks

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I did mine yesterday , but no pix , it is a thick butyl tape that sits on the flange that holds the windsheild & glues to the body & glass

Rob C

Reaction score
Where might I get some?
I also have a deep need to do my windsheild. Cracked and pitted badly.Heaven forbid I turn into the sun at sunset, the windsheild hazes up and makes me blind.

dazedduster

Reaction score
year one sells it, but i just got mine at the local part store / paint supplyer 19.00 for a 15' roll

btceng

Reaction score
Same here but my paint jobber says to forget the tape and use urethane caulk. Mine was in there with tape previously and blew out on the trailer.

burdar

Reaction score
My 73 originally used the urethane caulk. It wasn't tape. The caulk was applied very thick. When the windshield was installed, the caulk squirted into the interior, glueing the A-pillar trim to the car. The rear metal interior trim was also glued to the car from the oozing urethane.

btceng

Reaction score
I was told to apply a 1/4" even bead around the flange and to lay the glass on the bead but only apply light pressure to seat the glass. Tape the glass in place for 24 hours.

Back