• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WIRING HARNESS

CCMOPAR

Reaction score
What is the best replacement harness to use with a 72 challenger with Dakota VHX gauges and a Holley sniper EFI system.

CCMOPAR

Reaction score
Thanks for the help.I was looking at that one and it seems to be the best for aftermarket accessories.

JKCuda

Reaction score
I know this is old but hoping you see this. What did you do with the ecu and the voltage regulator? My kit doesn’t have provisions for either and the instructions don’t mention either component.

CCMOPAR

Reaction score
You do not need the voltage regulator because the american wiring harness is made for a one wire alternator with an internal regulator. I mounted the sniper ecu under the dash. I replaced the original electronic distributor with the Holley distributor. I mounted the computer for the dakota digital gauges in the passenger kick panel. I hope this answers your question.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
You do not need the voltage regulator because the american wiring harness is made for a one wire alternator with an internal regulator. I mounted the sniper ecu under the dash. I replaced the original electronic distributor with the Holley distributor. I mounted the computer for the dakota digital gauges in the passenger kick panel. I hope this answers your question.
Nothing better then a follow up. That's worth a lot to everyone. Best thing you can do here.

Back