• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wiring supplies

Railroadrider

Reaction score
We are working on a 1970 Challenger w/small block if that matters. Non-ralleye dash. We would like some more male connectors that will plug into the orange triple female connector for the dash lighting. The standard insulated ones you can get anywhere are too small. Does anyone know where these male connectors can be purchased? We have added a gauge (and might add another) to the car and would like them to be controlled with the rest of the dash lights WITHOUT using scotch-locks or anything like that.

Thanks!

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I have opened up the aftermarket ones successfully but never found a source for the correct ones except in wrecking yards

Railroadrider

Reaction score
I have opened up the aftermarket ones successfully but never found a source for the correct ones except in wrecking yards
Yeah, that's what we've been doing. I just don't like it much. A correct connector would be better but we do what we gotta right?

NoCar340

Reaction score
I ran into this last year when I added an aftermarket tach and gauges to my A-body. I had a couple of old harnesses lying around that I wasn't sure I wanted to cut. Looking for options, I found AuVeCo part #9900 which may be the correct size. They come with a 12" lead of 16ga wire. My warehouse didn't have any in stock and I preferred factory color-matching anyhow, so I just went full Jason Voorhees on my old harnesses and robbed what I needed. I know this--and I just verified it in the garage again--the OE Chrysler male "bullet" connectors are a perfect fit in trailer wiring (4-flat, 5-flat, etc.). That's why I was thinking the AuVeCo parts might work. They don't give dimensions, though.

As a side note, for whatever it's worth, both AuVeCo and Standard Motor Products make the correct spade terminals (male and female) for bulkhead disconnects, as well as the single-wire insulators for both sides of the connection. I don't know the numbers off the top of my head, but I wired my tach, electric fuel pump, and clutch switch (something not even available on that car) through existing unused openings in my bulkhead connector. I didn't have to drill a single hole.

70chall440

Reaction score
What you want is the .180 (aka 4mm) bullet connectors. You can get them from Waytek or a variety of places. You can get them insulated or uninsulated. They won't have that heavy rubber/plastic back end like the factory ones but you can probably put a number of layers of heat shrink if you really want them to look the part.

ctaarman

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I found the thicker bullets at my local Autozone. I was surprised. Of course they aren't rubberized. If your fit isn't perfect you can also slightly widen the bullet with a fine knife blade.

Back