• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Working on my E-Body Mopar, Aluminum carve designs.

LeesRT

Reaction score
Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this group. I don't own an E-body, but have always liked the 1970 Challenger R/T and the 1970 Cuda. I'm a CNC programmer and CNC machinist. I started using my field of interest to create cool Mopar stuff. These are designs for an Aluminum carved Christmas ornament. I've done a ton of B-body stuff, but I finally got around to doing some E-body carve designs. Here's two to give me some feed back on. Other designs coming soon are the 1970 Challenger T/A, 1970 AAR Cuda, front angle shot of a 1970 Cuda, and a front angle shot of the 1970 Challenger R/T. B-bodies I'm working on are 1970 Super Bee/Coronet, more Road Runners and a 1968 Plymouth Stationwagon.

1970 CHALLENGER RT FRONT VIEW 1.jpg

1970 CUDA REAR SHOT FAT TIRES.jpg

1970 CUDA REAR SHOT.jpg

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome! Those look really neat. the front shot of the AAR or T/A are always cool.

wedg2go

Reaction score
Prior to last Christmas, I looked everywhere for a decent Mopar ornament to commemorate my Challenger. Nothing, really did it for me. These? These are decent. In fact, that Challenger R/T is fantastic. That is to say, if it is the right size and ka-ching!

Rich G.

Reaction score
They look great. How big are they? Make the R/T optional. And got to make a 71 Cuda! . Oh and make them for sale!

LeesRT

Reaction score
As for Ma Mopar...I'm working on getting licensed. As for options on these...I'll customize for what you want on yours. I plan to do all the cars mentioned so far. It takes time to do the artwork. I'll post more as I go. There will be several views on these (front view, rear view with fatter tires, front angle shots, sometimes a side shot if it will show graphics better. The Christmas ornament / fridge magnet is 4.485" diameter x 5/16 thick. It will have a hole at the top to hang on your tree and tree very powerful rare Earth magnets in the back to put on your fridge the rest of the year. I do have a smaller keychain size (2.1 diameter x 3/16 thick), but it works best for car names. You tend to lose details on the car images when you get really small. As I said, I'll post more design images as I go.

Knock Out

Reaction score
Wow
very cool
how much$$ and where do I get them
could use a larger one for my office

LeesRT

Reaction score
My first attempt at a decent image of the 1970 Cuda (front view). Any feedback on these is welcome.

1970 CUDA FRONT SHOT TWIN SCOOPS.jpg

gtxncuda

Reaction score
These all look great! Some very nice work. As Rich said earlier, you've got to do a 71 Cuda!
I'd take a couple for sure, and since I have a 69 B body, I'd love some of a Road Runner too!

LeesRT

Reaction score
That's my next weekend project. I have an images I will use for the 1971 Cuda front view. I have a question for some of you. So far, I've been showing the "twin scoop" if you will for both the Challenger and Cuda hoods. I plan to do some with Shaker hoods as well. Do you think people will want a standard hood?

LeesRT

Reaction score
As for the 1969 Road Runner, I have some rear shots done already. I'll post an image on here later. If you want to see some of my B-body stuff, search Technic-Lee Crafted by Storz on Facebook.

LeesRT

Reaction score
Here's the first two batches of carves I've done. They are mostly B-bodies.

BATCH 1&2 2019 CARVES sm.jpg

1969 ROAD RUNNER REAR CARVE SHOT 1.jpg

1969 ROAD RUNNER REAR SHOT FAT TIRES REV7.jpg

gtxncuda

Reaction score
Wow, looks really nice! A couple suggestions if you'll permit me? (Honestly, I'm not sure how difficult it would be to do these...) 1) The shocks seem too long and extend too close to the ground. 2) the area between the Dana center section and the shocks would look better in the lighter color. 3) Is it possible to oval the tailpipes and move them inboard a bit more? 4) Is it possible to add color to the bird? (not a big deal if 'No') Again, these are just suggestions and are not meant as a critique! Thse just might make it look more proportional overall?
I'm looking forward to your 71 Cuda rendering as well! I'll definitely throw down for a few of these when you make them available. Thank you for taking this on! :thankyou:

LeesRT

Reaction score
gtxncuda, I thank you for the "suggestions". This is what I'm looking for. I want to make what people would be interested in buying. I will work on the detail of the shocks and Dana (more detail for the rear). The tailpipes were made oval (at the request of another Mopar fan)...see image of actual carve above the computer rendering. I can move them inward to where ever we want them. I will be experimenting with color for the bird and car body color. I haven't gotten setup yet, but that is one of my goals in this project. The black and silver is cool, but if I could offer body colors for whatever you want, that would be cool. Here's a few computer renderings and images of stuff I've been working on. Keep the suggestions coming...I do appreciate them. I've included some of my 2019, all Mopar Christmas tree.

1969 ROAD RUNNER REAR SHOT FAT TIRES REV5 COLORIZED BLUE.jpg

1969 ROAD RUNNER REAR SHOT FAT TIRES REV5 COLORIZED GREEN.jpg

1969 ROAD RUNNER REAR SHOT FAT TIRES REV5 COLORIZED ORANGE.jpg

1969 ROAD RUNNER REAR SHOT FAT TIRES REV5 COLORIZED RED.jpg

1969 ROAD RUNNER REAR SHOT FAT TIRES REV5 COLORIZED YELLOW.jpg

1969 ROAD RUNNER REAR SHOT FAT TIRES REV9.jpg

DSC_0032 1969 ROADRUNNER REAR WEB.jpg

DSC_0053 Xmas tree 2 4x6 web.jpg

DSC_0063AA Xmas tree 7 4x6 web.jpg

DSC_0108 BIRDS & BEES WEB.jpg

LeesRT

Reaction score
Made a few improvements...still working on more. Here's a few to chew on. Feedback is welcome.

1970 CUDA REAR SHOT NEW DANA FAT TIRES.jpg

1971 CUDA FRONT SHOT TWIN SCOOPS.jpg

SHAKER 1.jpg

1969 ROAD RUNNER REAR SHOT NEW DANA FAT TIRES REV5 COLORIZED GREEN.jpg

1969 ROAD RUNNER REAR SHOT NEW DANA FAT TIRES REV5 COLORIZED NO COLOR.jpg

Back