• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wrong color seats???

Dodgezilla

Reaction score
When I bought my car it came with these seat covers in a box that the PO had bought over 15 years ago. I had them installed and now I feel that he got the wrong color. They look way too bright to me. What do you guys think? Do I need to dye them a darker green to match the dash and carpet better?

KIMG0010.jpg

KIMG0010.jpg

Dodgezilla

Reaction score
It's not teal. It's definitely Green but is much brighter than the old covers. I think I am going to spray dye them. I don't think I can live with this contrast... It's actually not that far off from the plastic caps that screw on the end to hide the hinges though...

Dodgezilla

Reaction score
The color is actually called Jade Green. That's what was printed on the box. I have my broadcast sheet at home. I will have to check the code for the seats and see if I can figure out which color it came with...

Dodgezilla

Reaction score
I can do that later on and can also take a picture of the broadcast sheet if that would help...

Thanks

Dodgezilla

Reaction score
fender tag

Let me know if any numbers are hard to make out. The pic on my computer is much larger...

Fender tag.jpg

Fender tag.jpg

Dodgezilla

Reaction score
Wow! No Kidding! Seems like Green/White seats would not go well in this car.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Wow! No Kidding! Seems like Green/White seats would not go well in this car.
You have to consider the year your car was built. My 73 Charger was gold with green vinyl top and green interior(including optional shag carpet). It was an Austin Powers special.

Back