• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Y15 Direct Sale

Reaction score
My broadcast sheet. Could someone please explain this. Is it as simple as a sale that did not involve a dealers?

Broadcast Sheet.jpg

Finoke

Reaction score
I believe Y15 meant that the car was to be picked up at the assembly plant. It could have been ordered through a dealer or through the assembly plant. But ultimately picked up at the plant. Your sheet also indicates special order in 3 places. The VON begins with N. The Y codes also has Y39 and its printed at the bottom of the sheet. It may have something to do with the late production date? Looks like 6/1?

Xcudame

Reaction score
Someone correct me, but did they make both BH23H2 and BS23H2 Barracudas in 1972? As a BH23 340 car, it would typically be lower production numbers. And it makes sense some assemble line worker (or manager/engineer) order all the goodies on a BH23H car that would have lower insurance rates! This is a very interesting Barracuda!

Reaction score
The story I got from the previous owner was that he purchased the car at a government surplus auction in the early 80's. He thought it was used by the ATF. It does have a US Secret Service sticker in the glove box. I thought it was just seized property. However, the Y15, T99 tires, "N" in the VON, all which I understand are uncommon on an E-Body, have piqued my curiosity. I've briefly discussed this car on this forum and ebodies.org, and several have said it's definitely unique, but didn't have any additional information.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
The build sheet will help find some more information.
Thanks for posting that BS. Keep trying.

This is a super cool car and I hope more info appears!

Back