• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Year One head pipes?? Any feedback?

Super-G

Reaction score
OK so I've been doing my engine over this winter. I removed the beat up old crusty headers that were on the car and went back to a set of factory HP manifolds. I see that Year One sells 2-1/2" head pipes for the 440 6 pack Challengers and I was wondering if anyone has used these?

I'm thinking that it will be easier to buy these, bolt them up along with a set of mufflers and then take the car to an exhaust shop to have a set of tailpipes made up. Otherwise I have to rent a trailer to get the car to a muffler shop as right now it has no exhaust from the manifolds back.

I'm just wondering if there are any fitment problems or if anyone has any feedback?

burdar

Reaction score
I'd contact Accurate Exhaust before going with Year One.

moparleo

Reaction score
Really the best way, maybe not the way you want to go, is to trailer it if possible to the muffler shop and let them build a set of headpipes along with the rest of the system. Not hard if the shop does decent work.

Super-G

Reaction score
I went the muffler shop route....here's why. I am running a set of B body HP manifolds and the flanges are clocked differently than the E body manifolds.

Instead of buying head pipes for the E body and having to alter them, I took my car to a muffler shop with a very good reputation for working on classic cars and had them custom build me a complete exhaust system.

It came out GREAT. I now have a 2-1/2" custom built, mandrel bent exhaust on my car and it sounds nasty. I just have to button up a few last things and find a new set of rims and tires and the car should be on the road. I'm shooting for Memorial Day weekend to have the car on the road.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Great .
For future reference TTi will make the head pipes correctly for any manifold you just have to give them the casting #s off the manifolds you are using .

Back