• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Yet another convert

fk5aar

Reaction score
Did you use any kind of primer first? My hood is a new repop from scorpion that is grey but I’m not sure if it need primer or I can just apply that right on it….thanks

MMoney

Reaction score
Thanks, says out of stock I’ll call them tomorrow
I stripped the hood down to the glass in most areas using an orbital sander....120 in spots, but mainly 220 and then 400. The fiberglass had a lot of spidery crazing on the surface but only a couple of small cracks around the scoop. I hit it with 2 coats of high build primer and blocked it down to 600 before painting it. I took the hood off but left it flat on sawhorses to paint....no runs at all....the paint lets you gently swipe off drips/spatters and then mist it so that the imperfection disappears completely.

fk5aar

Reaction score
I got them coming from CI, thanks all the info…..the top of mine is relatively slick and I am no body guy but I can spray paint good enough lol…..I think I might try a coat or two of primer first so it’s not slick when the organisol goes down

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
9C9FE94E-FFB7-464F-BE44-35E949CD6DBF.jpeg

Back