• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

...and I drove it home..

70survivor

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just introducing myself here. My name is Rob and I just acquired my first Mopar of my life, a 70' survivor Cuda. A local craigslist add got me intrigued and the car ended up being just a few blocks away from me as a "running and driving project".... and I drove it home! (ha ha, only a few blocks away but still, it drove like it wanted to escape prison). How would you feel if you've been locked up for 40 years?? The tires are from when the car was parked in mid 80's. A very nice sounding 340 automatic car in Sublime Green ("High Impact" 'Im told). I must admit, being mainly a GM guy, the Plymouth Cuda of the 70's have always interested me. I'm sure I'll will need a little (a lot) of good direction from you guys in my ventures. I've owned countless Camaros' pretty Corvettes, bad ass Nova's, many in "show" condition. But give me that "been through the storm", "battle wounded survivor", "dinosaur roaming the streets look" every time. I feel more proud of this old Plymouth than most of all the other cars I've owned. It's unreal how this car makes me feel! And I haven't drove it more than a mile so far! I own a 1970 Cuda !!. . I want to scream it from the rooftops! LMAO. Really..??.. how long until I stop pinching myself making sure it's reality? Having the same birthdate as your car is kinda kool too!! Almost down to the same build date _ I'm leaning on preserving rather than restoring.

20240211_130816_HDR.jpg

20240215_172028~2.jpg

20240211_131203.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I know that car! You bought it from my friend Tony. Congrats and welcome to the site neighbor!

Katfish

Reaction score
Awesome, get it healthy mechanically and drive it.
My car is a 20 footer, but drives perfect, don't think that will change.
If I spent another 20k getting it pretty, I wouldnt drive it as much.

70survivor

Reaction score
I know that car! You bought it from my friend Tony. Congrats and welcome to the site neighbor!
Very cool...and thanks alot. Tony was the right guy, with the right car, at the right time. I wasn't looking to buy anything but that car spoke to me... and hopefully see (or hear) you around the hood soon and thanks again

mrmopar340

Reaction score
Hey thanks alot mr. and "oh what a feeling" I may add
It's a good feeling. I have mine down now for rewire and upgraded suspension. I can't wait to get in and crank the key. I switched the rear gears out from 3.91 to a 3.23. I intend to do some longer distance cruise ins with it this year.

70survivor

Reaction score
That car is awesome! Welcome to the forum.
Thank you very much for your kind words Brice - I'm thinking a little "Ratfink" looking set up . you know skinny tires up front, good size stickies in the rear on some new shiny welds or centerlines. . ? ? Auug' a blank canvas kinda!

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just introducing myself here. My name is Rob and I just acquired my first Mopar of my life, a 70' survivor Cuda. A local craigslist add got me intrigued and the car ended up being just a few blocks away from me as a "running and driving project".... and I drove it home! (ha ha, only a few blocks away but still, it drove like it wanted to escape prison). How would you feel if you've been locked up for 40 years?? The tires are from when the car was parked in mid 80's. A very nice sounding 340 automatic car in Sublime Green ("High Impact" 'Im told). I must admit, being mainly a GM guy, the Plymouth Cuda of the 70's have always interested me. I'm sure I'll will need a little (a lot) of good direction from you guys in my ventures. I've owned countless Camaros' pretty Corvettes, bad ass Nova's, many in "show" condition. But give me that "been through the storm", "battle wounded survivor", "dinosaur roaming the streets look" every time. I feel more proud of this old Plymouth than most of all the other cars I've owned. It's unreal how this car makes me feel! And I haven't drove it more than a mile so far! I own a 1970 Cuda !!. . I want to scream it from the rooftops! LMAO. Really..??.. how long until I stop pinching myself making sure it's reality? Having the same birthdate as your car is kinda kool too!! Almost down to the same build date _ I'm leaning on preserving rather than restoring.

View attachment 119721

View attachment 119723

View attachment 119724
Welcome Rob! I’m glad to see that you enjoy that car. It’s a pretty cool one to start with. Unfortunately, I can’t keep them all. I’m sure I’ll see you around.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Howdy and welcome from Colorado!

Is the car an FJ5 original colored car?
Details?
Fender tag or build sheet? What's it's born on date?

I agree with not making it shiny but driving the hell out of it!

70survivor

Reaction score
Welcome Rob! I’m glad to see that you enjoy that car. It’s a pretty cool one to start with. Unfortunately, I can’t keep them all. I’m sure I’ll see you around.
Hey Tony! Great to hear from you, nice that your on here too! And thanks again for being such a nice "informative" guy to buy an awesome classic from, with a great story behind it as well. Hey, I well understand about wanting keeping them ALL (the room, the $$$). I'm waiting to get one out of the garage to start "listening " to this one. I promise you full visitation rights anytime needed!! Sure 2 see you around.

70survivor

Reaction score
Howdy and welcome from Colorado!

Is the car an FJ5 original colored car?
Details?
Fender tag or build sheet? What's it's born on date?

I agree with not making it shiny but driving the hell out of it!
Hi Cudahunter and thank you...Honestly I bought it "no fender tag" and "no build sheet" as advertised... and honestly It ultimately really doesn't matter to me. As i pondered before I purchased this could have been a barracuda originally with a 6 cylinder and was still interested. I would be interested in finding out some facts about it . born on 10 1969 - the vin was listed as I searched it and shows it a original 340 car but again I purchased as advertised as "not matching numbers car" knowingly - BUT, I have some kool receipts of work done in 1973 and 74. A crower cam put in when a swap was done as well as adding a weiand intake (still sporting it) milling the heads / putting in bronze guides etc... Thanks for any help Hunter!

20240211_131055.jpg

20240211_132323.jpg

Back