• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Really dim rivers side tail lights and turn signals.

bullet18

Reaction score
My drivers side turn signals and brake lights are really dim. The lights on the other side are working fine. Any ideas what this could be? The front and rear indicators are dim so its not a rear harness issue.

Adam

Reaction score
Check the bulb end of the wire with a voltmeter; make sure you have full voltage coming out:
if not check the beginning of the wire, track down the loss, pinched/broken wire etc.

If you have full voltage at the bulb end then I would suspect a bad ground, or dirty socket. Clean and lube with dielectric grease.

bullet18

Reaction score
Check the bulb end of the wire with a voltmeter; make sure you have full voltage coming out:
if not check the beginning of the wire, track down the loss, pinched/broken wire etc.

If you have full voltage at the bulb end then I would suspect a bad ground, or dirty socket. Clean and lube with dielectric grease.
Ive got 5v at the lights so i guess im routing through the wiring again.

bullet18

Reaction score
I dont know what happened but my front drivers park/indicator light is always on and my rear brake/tail lights never come on. Also when i press the turn signal stalk to turn left the left turn light on the dash doesnt flash and neither does the park light.

bullet18

Reaction score
Wait... its back to the way it was before. I hate wiring.

Adam

Reaction score
MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - Mopar Wiring Diagrams 1966 to 1971

Find your wiring diagram so you know which color wires you need to check. Looking at a wiring diagram you will see the left and right side parking lights are powered from the same source (wire) that continues to the other side. So this must be corrosion or bad ground. The other switches, headlight, turn signal, and brake can get a little unreliable with lack of use. You can check the switches easily with a continuity checker...

Last edited:

bullet18

Reaction score
I got them working. One of the sockets was bad and the front indicator needed grease.

Back