• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

A little help with my Cuda please.....

GY9 Cuda

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’ve asked this question on other forums and have received 10 different answers, I would think this would be a yes or no for someone that actually knows the answer, so I’m putting disc brakes on the front of my Cuda, not on the rear, the car came out of the factory with drum brakes all around, so I’m taking off the drum brake master cylinder and it’s being replaced with correct OEM booster, master cylinder, prop valve w/metering block, all these parts originally came off a 71 Cuda, so given all that information will my original front DRUM brake lines hook up to the OEM disc brake master and Prop valve/meter ??? Thanks Jesse James

doubleyellow

Reaction score
Inline Tube has different part numbers for brake line sets between Power Disc and Power/manual drum systems. I know the power disc master and booster are unique.

Rich G.

Reaction score
I’m going to say no because the valve block is different and all the lines go to that. The fittings are probably different too. A lot easier just to get a line kit.

budascuda

Reaction score
I’m going to say no because the valve block is different and all the lines go to that. The fittings are probably different too. A lot easier just to get a line kit.

You gotta, just gotta

340challconvert

Reaction score
Don't forget to replace the rubber flex hose lines that from the caliper to the frame bracket.
In-line sells an exact reproduction of the original with the gold ends, it that is important to you.
upload_2019-5-1_14-28-25.png

Inline Tube H017 - Pair, 2 piece, Front Disc Brake Hose with correct Gold Zinc Ends. 2pc Raybestos #BH35017

Paid $24 for the pair- well worth it.
Dino2 (1).gif

340challconvert

Reaction score
Yes.
My 1970 Challenger came factory with power disc brakes front/ drum brakes rear and has this valve.
Here is a close up of my original (below driver seat on frame)
2nd, 3rd pics are my original proportioning valve and distribution valve

Dino2 (1).gif

brake block junction 2.JPG

Brake valving original .jpg

IMG_3266 (1).JPG

Last edited:

ph23vo

Reaction score
Yes.
My 1970 Challenger came factory with power disc brakes front/ drum brakes rear and has this valve.
Here is a close up of my original (below driver seat on frame)
2nd, 3rd pics are my original proportioning valve and distribution valve

View attachment 59599

View attachment 59596

View attachment 59597

View attachment 59598

i wonder why it has the second proportioning valve [junction valve as called above] down on the frame?...you can clearly see it already has one built into the bottom of the main valve?... maybe it was added because of rear wheel lock up on earlier cars?...if anyone has an original for sale i need one..[prefer it have the small metal brakeline still on it also]...thanks

aussiemark

Reaction score
As suggested use all the parts that were on an original disc brake car and replace all the steel lines and rubber hoses and you can't go wrong. You could fit an adjustable proportioning valve instead of the original one and dial in a better front to rear brake bias then factory setting but if your lazy or want the original look (like me) the OEM one will be fine for normal driving.

ph23vo

Reaction score
early 70 disc cars had the second valve bolted lower on the frame...later 70 disc cars had it incorporated into the prop valve bolted to inner fender below m--cyl..use this style [see my car pic] and your drum rear brake line will screw right into it!.. [darker line in my pic] also make sure you rebuild the valves this guy has the seals Home | Muscle Car Research LLC easy to do upper lines to mcyl only depend on your set up having power brakes or manual.. good luck

001.JPG

Back