• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Imepitude In The Way Of Our Mortality?

wedg2go

Reaction score
I have no idea what got me going into this, but here I go...

I woke up this morning at 4:30 am and immediately started pondering about the Kevin Hart - Paul Walker tragedies. I mean, I would never say to my very best friend, "Sure! You can drive my 600 hp classic investment!" I mean, face it, some people don't have enough brain cells to know where and when, while others really need to stay behind the wheel of their Honda, Fit (Yuck!).

Ok! That being said...

With the good Lord's grace, I probability have 10 to 15 good years left before I will be unable to push in the clutch and shift to second. Giving it up and not by choice I might say, but for the safety of others on the road. I have also decided, to leave our property (structures and all) to our grand-daughters. The investment would be enough for both to purchase, or help purchase, property of their own at a locations of their own choosing. However, in thinking about my rides (show cars) they, or anyone within my family (son-in-law included), will not inherit what I call semi-soluble investments. Too much work and too much effort has been invested into these rides to think it could go soluble in less that a heartbeat. Most importantly, knowing I tried to secure their safety and well being for the rest of their natural lives. Even if by chance they can drive like Shirley Muldowney or Richard Petty (not everyone is cut out to drive according to a skill above them).

So!

I know there are no guarantees in life, but where do you see your main ride in 20 years? 50 years? 100 years? I would love to see mine sitting someplace secure and safe. I mean, what's the sense to spend big bucks to put together a ride or for a six figure ride to go to waste in the years ahead because it was totaled by a "friend or family member?" My thoughts! What about yours?

budascuda

Reaction score
I like to have the material things I value in life, buried with me, in a pyramid no less. That way, people can come and pay homage to the cars and monitaryly thank me for saving, restoring and collecting things that would have otherwise been destroyed by my future family members , specially the son in law. The proceedings from the pyramid tour could be used to build a bigger pyramid!, a little like the Louvre

Wonder Woman

Reaction score
Well since you asked. Material things to me are just that.
They mean something to you.
A wise person once told me. Look at it this way.
It doesn't matter who you leave what too.
Leave money or a possession to someone who really didn't care about you, and they still won't care. They will just think your a dumbass .
Don't leave anything to someone who does and while they may not understand your thinking. If they truly cared about you they still will. They just may be disapointed.
Your never really gone till there is no one left to remember you good or bad.

seneca

Reaction score
I have given my wife complete instructions on how to sell off the Cuda when I shoot through. The money is hers to do with as she pleases. I will be busy enough answering to God about some things I did on earth and how I lived my life to be concerned with a '72 Cuda340.

DrEamer

Reaction score
I am building my car to have memories with my family now. Neither one of my girls have a interest in driving, much less owning a car. So, passing it along most likely is not an option. My plan is to drive it as much as I can, while I am still able to enjoy it. When I can no longer do so, I will try to sell it to someone who will take care of it, and maybe start a set of memories with their family.

Last edited:

budascuda

Reaction score
I have given my wife complete instructions on how to sell off the Cuda when I shoot through. The money is hers to do with as she pleases. I will be busy enough answering to God about some things I did on earth and how I lived my life to be concerned with a '72 Cuda340.
Dear Seneca,
When the time comes, you will answer those questions graciously and your answers shall be accepted graciously.
As its a belief in Buddhism, when we participate in life,
we do what must be done...

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I like to have the material things I value in life, buried with me, in a pyramid no less. That way, people can come and pay homage to the cars and monitaryly thank me for saving, restoring and collecting things that would have otherwise been destroyed by my future family members , specially the son in law. The proceedings from the pyramid tour could be used to build a bigger pyramid!, a little like the Louvre
Love this, but mine just has to be big enough to park a ‘67 Imperial in and I don’t want visitors unless it’s family...

wedg2go

Reaction score

Tongue in cheek. Enjoyed it! My wife and I discussed that same issue. Only I'll be placed 6' under in the less valuable ride - '68 Mustang (Hope I don't get smacked in the rear!). Smart woman! Saving every penny she can...

Well since you asked. Material things to me are just that.
They mean something to you.
A wise person once told me. Look at it this way.
It doesn't matter who you leave what too.
Leave money or a possession to someone who really didn't care about you, and they still won't care. They will just think your a dumbass .
Don't leave anything to someone who does and while they may not understand your thinking. If they truly cared about you they still will. They just may be disapointed.
Your never really gone till there is no one left to remember you good or bad.

...till she realizes exactly and I mean exactly what you said, Wonder Woman. We have two daughters - both with lucrative careers - and yet we loan them $ to keep them out of trouble with their creditors. Loan! They understand that and yet - to date - not a dime back in return. I had my choice, ever penny of their windfall should go to our grand-daughters. They never ask for anything, except to play board games!

Well enough airing...

Now what to do about the show cars? I'm thinking museum.

aussiemark

Reaction score
I like the pyramid idea but I have 2 boys one 70 Challenger and one 70 Cuda if they are smart they will sell them to pay for a better education but if they turn out like me at least the will have a cool ride.

340challconvert

Reaction score
If I get close to the point of no longer being able to enjoy my car; I would probably sell it and give the proceeds to my wife and family.
My wife and daughter have no interest in my old car and have very little knowledge on what the current or future value might be. Cars are just transportation to and from work for them and they cannot understand my passion for "just an old car".
I would rather sell it to someone who I would hope would enjoy and preserve it (any flippers or dealers can go to H)
I think I would sell the car even at a lower price at the time, if the right buyer came along.
I would like to give the Challenger a few good runs when it is back on the road at English-town, NJ Raceway Park, where I would go in my younger days to bracket race. Sadly it is closing down this year!
:lol:
(after I depart; may be I will get the chance to "haunt" the new owner)

Dino2 (1).gif

budascuda

Reaction score
Aussiemark, what do you mean "turn out like me"?, my dad was gonna leave me his 68 VW. You are much much more generous a person than he was.
And.... You are right, education is a must!

Last edited:

Wonder Woman

Reaction score
...till she realizes exactly and I mean exactly what you said, Wonder Woman. We have two daughters - both with lucrative careers - and yet we loan them $ to keep them out of trouble with their creditors. Loan! They understand that and yet - to date - not a dime back in return. I had my choice, ever penny of their windfall should go to our grand-daughters. They never ask for anything, except to play board games!

Well enough airing...

Now what to do about the show cars? I'm thinking museum.[/QUOTE]

Well if I understand you correctly, my friend who introduced me here had a trust fund set up by his grandfather for all his grandchildren and then arranged it for my friend to handle.
He was 21 at the time.
His aunts , uncles and cousins, brother were not happy.
His grandfather told everyone you all bleed me for money your entire lives.
Except my friend.
This money ous for the future family.
My friend could only draw a limited salary for managing it.
He built it up to educate and help 14 family members with education and needs. NOT WANTS.

Last year he turned it all over to his eldest Grandson 19..to manage
I asked him if he was crazy .
He said perhaps. But everyone said the same of my grandfather and just winked.

dolphin3111

Reaction score
I purchased my Challenger new in May, 1971. It has been an absolute joy in my life the entire time. I raced it for many years. Our entire family grew up with it. My wife and all four children know what it means to me.

It is now in my oldest son’s garage, which is just a couple of blocks away. I know he appreciates the car and he loves hot rodding as I still do (He owns a 69 Camaro SS396.). We work the cars together and ride in them together. When I’m gone, the Challenger will be his. None of our other kids have any interest cars.

Of course, at that time he can do what he wants, but I would be honored if he would keep the car in my memory and enjoy it like I always did.

Hannibal -01.jpg

Mansions of Glory.jpg

Back