• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

How to remove my 70 Cuda window felts ?

moparfever

Reaction score
I want to replace the window felts on my 70 Cuda . The ones on the body are worn and missing some rubber. So what is the easiest way to remove the old ones and install the new ones . I have a new set coming from Roseville parts.

terrywalker

Reaction score
I believe the ones on your 70 Cuda are the clip in ones like my Challenger. Sometime in the 1971 model year, they switched to the screw in type. I've removed them by pulling up to get the clip out of the slot in the door. Window must be down and protected. Protect the top of the door from chipping/ scratching - I've used tape. I'll see if I can attach a photo. I would use needle nosed pliers to carefully pull out the old ones.
Terry

Window Outer Seal 1 (Medium).jpg

moparfever

Reaction score
I believe the ones on your 70 Cuda are the clip in ones like my Challenger. Sometime in the 1971 model year, they switched to the screw in type. I've removed them by pulling up to get the clip out of the slot in the door. Window must be down and protected. Protect the top of the door from chipping/ scratching - I've used tape. I'll see if I can attach a photo. I would use needle nosed pliers to carefully pull out the old ones.
Terry

View attachment 69561
Thanks for your help.

Back