• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Molded Gasket/Windage Tray

moparlee

Reaction score
Has anyone tried one of these one piece gasket/windage trays for your big block? Looks kind of slick and would eliminate two leak points. Two gasket surfaces rather than four.
If you tried one, did you use it with the factory oil pan with the long indentations between the bolt holes?
Summit Racing® Molded Gasket Windage Trays SUM-G2339
Windage 1.jpg
Windage 2.jpg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I have not used one personally but I have heard very good things about it , all of the 3rd gen Hemis use a similar part

Fishgutz

Reaction score
We bolted one in on my 383 and the fit was perfect. Haven’t fired it up yet so I can’t say anything about the seal and leak factor. Really cool idea, I think it will work great. It is used with a new Milodon 6 qt. hemi pan.

moparlee

Reaction score
We bolted one in on my 383 and the fit was perfect. Haven’t fired it up yet so I can’t say anything about the seal and leak factor. Really cool idea, I think it will work great. It is used with a new Milodon 6 qt. hemi pan.
Did you use any sealant or just put it on dry? Does the Milodon pan have the indentations like the factory pans or is it just flat ?

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Someone used their head when they designed that.

Ralph

Reaction score
I purchased one for my 383 challenger.
The manufacturer recommended sealant on the side of your stock oil since it is not flat.
Anyone used sealant on the oil pan side ( I am using a stock 402 pan)

moparlee

Reaction score
I purchased one for my 383 challenger.
The manufacturer recommended sealant on the side of your stock oil since it is not flat.
Anyone used sealant on the oil pan side ( I am using a stock 402 pan)
I was wondering about the same thing. The embossed indentations on the factor pans seem almost wider than the rubber ridges on the one piece tray/gasket. I have not installed mine yet.

fasjac

Reaction score
Did you use any sealant or just put it on dry? Does the Milodon pan have the indentations like the factory pans or is it just flat ?
I have a spare 7 quart I took a pic of if it helps. It’s flat. I like the idea of that windage tray. Just makes sense. Didn't see that when I built mine. Using gskt on both sides. Knock on wood no leaks to date.

0397949E-4591-435D-9EB7-7C65F5A28B02.jpeg

376B9DB2-25FA-49B3-8FDD-EEA15D60C21D.jpeg

Last edited:
Back