• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

no tail lights

Tactical185

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the site and I hope that this is the correct page to post my problem/ question.

1971 Barracuda, taillights are not working and turn signals are not working. When I turn on the parking lights, all lights will come on but no turn signals. When I turn on the head lights, I have no taillights and no turn signals, but the brake and reverse lights work. At this point, I changed all light bulbs. I would appreciate any help, thank you

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Could be a few problems , Turn sinal switc can be a problem , Flaser could be bad or cround problems
sorry te letters between F& I are not workin

Last edited:

devinism

Reaction score
Did both problems (TS, tail lamps) start at the same time?
Anything been worked on lately? If so, is that when the problem started?

Tactical185

Reaction score
Did both problems (TS, tail lamps) start at the same time?
Anything been worked on lately? If so, is that when the problem started?
Its hard to say, I bought the car about 30 years ago and I don’t remember if the lights were working back then. The car sat in storage until the restoration. It was only after the restore when I found out the problem.

devinism

Reaction score
Its hard to say, I bought the car about 30 years ago and I don’t remember if the lights were working back then. The car sat in storage until the restoration. It was only after the restore when I found out the problem.
Too many things could be happening here. Could be more than one malfunction.
Best thing for you to do is get a factory wiring diagram and start from scratch. First thing to do is get behind the dash and take a good look at the wiring. Remove anything that has been spliced in, added on. Gauges, aftermarket gauges etc.

Tactical185

Reaction score
Too many things could be happening here. Could be more than one malfunction.
Best thing for you to do is get a factory wiring diagram and start from scratch. First thing to do is get behind the dash and take a good look at the wiring. Remove anything that has been spliced in, added on. Gauges, aftermarket gauges etc.
Started eliminating one thing at a time, I’m down to the turn signal switchI’ll let you know. Thank you

Back