• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Headers - Best Bang for the Buck?

Ron-B-Cuda

Reaction score
Hi All, Happy Saturday!
In another post I thanked all of you for pointing me towards Blue Print Engines. I ordered the 360/408 engine and 727 Trans.
Follow up question: what’s the recommended headers; best set for the cost? I know: TTI. BUT, the$1K price tag.
I found a set from Wal-Mart for $99; don’t think they’ll last past initial start up.
so, I’m hoping there’s a good set somewhere in between the prices.
The Barracuda will be a driver and some red light racing. No serious racing. I’d like a set that’ll go in without and suspension mods or taking apart the suspension.
- I’m not opposed to shortys
- Car has power steering, no A/C, and automatic
— Yes, there’s a huge section covering headers, but I’m still left confused after reading the posts
Thank you very much for your time and assistance!!
Ron

rogue

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and went TTI and have no regrets. All the others I've used, mainly Hedman, were good but you have to drop the center link.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I agree the cost of quality will be forgotten far faster than the pain in the butt of fixing leaks & smashed pipes hitting the road from hanging too low below the center link.
Dougs is your other choice , the pricing may be slightly better .

Ron-B-Cuda

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and went TTI and have no regrets. All the others I've used, mainly Hedman, were good but you have to drop the center link.
Thank you very much for the response! I knew that TTI would be the answer. I’d rather spend a few extra bucks and get something that actually works.

fasjac

Reaction score
Hi All, Happy Saturday!
In another post I thanked all of you for pointing me towards Blue Print Engines. I ordered the 360/408 engine and 727 Trans.
Follow up question: what’s the recommended headers; best set for the cost? I know: TTI. BUT, the$1K price tag.
I found a set from Wal-Mart for $99; don’t think they’ll last past initial start up.
so, I’m hoping there’s a good set somewhere in between the prices.
The Barracuda will be a driver and some red light racing. No serious racing. I’d like a set that’ll go in without and suspension mods or taking apart the suspension.
- I’m not opposed to shortys
- Car has power steering, no A/C, and automatic
— Yes, there’s a huge section covering headers, but I’m still left confused after reading the posts
Thank you very much for your time and assistance!!
Ron
TTI

moparleo

Reaction score
An old proverb " The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten." It is always more expensive when you go cheap.
There is always a reason for some things to be more expensive initially. Better to wait until you can get what you really want than to just buy something because you only have that much money now. Think wife...

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
You can have TTi custom bend the headers out of 304 stainless steel for only $1,800.

Ron-B-Cuda

Reaction score
I agree the cost of quality will be forgotten far faster than the pain in the butt of fixing leaks & smashed pipes hitting the road from hanging too low below the center link.
Dougs is your other choice , the pricing may be slightly better .

Thank you very much for your response! Yes, I read it back on 24 Oct. Replying on my Iphone, well, it's not something that I can do very well. Heck, sometimes, I can't get FEBO to open on my Iphone. But, yes, I knew TTI was the answer. It's just nice to have positive feedback on a product. All I ever ask from a product is that it works as advertised; I'm disappointed quite a bit :) .
Along with TTI headers, there are a few more items I need to order. Ya'll were kind enough to already respond to my Kick Down Linkage question (go with Lokar).
Anyway, thank you very much!

Cojohnso

Reaction score
I have a pair of Hookers on a 451 in an A-body. They have held up well. And are well in most everyone's budget. But they are not a "Custom fit" as newer designs. Thus more cumbersome to work around. And even to install.

Big AL

Reaction score
I'm running Hookers Competition Headers.
1605828897104.png
1605828897104.png

Rob C

Reaction score
Not a huge fan of the tti collector.
My other option is the Hooker Super Comps @ a 1-3/4 tube the whole way. They fit excellent unless your running a scatter shield on your 4spd manual trans. Minor denting is needed. Just like the tti headers which suggest cutting the scatter shield. Not good IMO and a No-no if racing.

Back