• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Lunati hydraulic roller lifters

Slug

Reaction score
I was thinking about buying a lunatic hydraulic roller cam and lifters. Anybody have any problems with the lunatic roller lifters?

Slug

Reaction score
I should mention that I just ordered the new trick flow heads for the 340

Ele115

Reaction score
All I can say is that m ost of them get their lifters from the same place (China). You have to check everything when it arrives. Lifters, cam lobes, bearing journals, all of it before you install it no matter the brand, but especially the lifters. If you get one with no crown on it, you will lunch your engine.

heminut

Reaction score
All I can say is that m ost of them get their lifters from the same place (China). You have to check everything when it arrives. Lifters, cam lobes, bearing journals, all of it before you install it no matter the brand, but especially the lifters. If you get one with no crown on it, you will lunch your engine.
Roller cams don't have a crown on the lobes, and I've never heard of crowns on lifters.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Roller lifters don't have a crown, they have rollers.

One of few

Reaction score
I got a hold of a bad set from Comps, come to find out, my set was from a massive bad factory run. It took a couple of weeks, but they replaced the whole set.

Ele115

Reaction score
You have got to measure every last thing now. I know about rollers, but a lot of use aren't running them. They make it easier though. But you need to have crown on 16 lifters and taper on each lobe ...and each journal had better be right. If that lifter quits rotating that engine is gonna have to come back apart. It sucks, but the only one you can trust is yourself

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
You have got to measure every last thing now. I know about rollers, but a lot of use aren't running them. They make it easier though. But you need to have crown on 16 lifters and taper on each lobe ...and each journal had better be right. If that lifter quits rotating that engine is gonna have to come back apart. It sucks, but the only one you can trust is yourself
The OP is not talking about flat tappet lifters, he’s talking about roller lifters.

Back