• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger doors

RJH

Reaction score
After spending months doing body / paint work to my 72 door, I go to install the window and find it will not go all the way down. the the large gear on the window regulator rotates up into the door frame. I check my 70 drivers door and sure enough the opening is very different. I now have to alter the door to make my 70 guts work or install 72 and up style regulators. That or find a 70 pass door in good shape, strip and paint all over again. So just to let you know, you can install 72-74 window regulators in a 70 door . You cant install 70 window regulators into a 72-74 style door

DSCN1826.JPG

DSCN1827.JPG

RJH

Reaction score
Here you can see the gear running into the door frame

DSCN1823.JPG

Grady Cain

Reaction score
So just to let you know, you can install 72-74 window regulators in a 70 door . You cant install 70 window regulators into a 72-74 style door

Here is a good place to ask these questions before going through all the aggravation. Could have saved you a ton of time. Just sayin'... :D

Moparparts

Reaction score
73-74 take a different front track and if using different year regulator you should also purchase the corresponding year horizontal guide channel

RJH

Reaction score
Thanks for all your info. I had two complete 70 challenger doors, how ever the pass door was full of bondo. So i took every nut and bolt. Door skins were not available then. I've had two other complete sets of doors strip them for all the spare parts and keep one decent door shell. Thats the one I painted. I joined this group several months ago and thats when i found out just how different 70 was from all other years. so i went through all my stuff, keeping the 70 only stuff I was going to sell off excess parts to finance the next stage of my restoration project. Just how different are the 70-72 and the 73-74 tracks

Moparparts

Reaction score
73-74 front tracks are about half the width of the 70-72

Back